Yamaha piano midi sound module thing... Actually quite good!

I finally managed to get a power supply for a Yamaha p50m piano module thing I picked up cheap at cash converters ages ago, though I always recalled it being a bit cheesy and lame. However upon plugging it in this time with my Microkorg as a midi keyboard, I thoroughly enjoyed playing it especially on the Dark Piano and Wurlitzer model, singer actually rally nice through headphones.

Anybody else for experience of these bad boys?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/OhfDcXUq7v8/maxresdefault.jpg

And is there a similarly cheap old organ style one for Doors type sounds?
Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    The Kurzweill Micropiano is also a very good little unit
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9715
    The replacement power supplies of those cost more than the Yamaha did though!
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3127
    edited May 2016
    Yes Kurzweill always were king of the hill in piano modules back in the day. I have a Korg 05 which doesn't do piano well but the wve sounds are awesome and Yamaha MU80 which is way overspecced for my needs 
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • honkytonkhonkytonk Frets: 34
    I am using a Yamaha EMT-10 sound module which I picked up off ebay for £17 with postage. I had one nearly twenty five years ago so whether I've got it again now is just for nostalgia or whether I genuinely like the piano sound I'm not entirely sure. Probably a combination of both. It does some other sounds too but it's the piano sounds I use nearly all the time.
    I also use the Arturia Solina String ensemble emulation a lot and bought the waldorf streichfett string synth so I guess I'm just a bit old school.