Band/Brand Tattoos - Would you?

What's Hot

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28198
    Philly_Q said:

Disagreement on the Skittles front, I like (or liked, in the days when I could eat them) purple and green best.  I'd probably go red, orange, yellow, green, purple.  It looks a bit rainbow-ish too.

We could share a pack!
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22824
    Sporky said:
    Philly_Q said:

Disagreement on the Skittles front, I like (or liked, in the days when I could eat them) purple and green best.  I'd probably go red, orange, yellow, green, purple.  It looks a bit rainbow-ish too.

We could share a pack!
    Shouldn't really since I'm diabetic nowadays, but yes!  I could eke them out over a few days.
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    Guys, I feel like it would be rude of me not to offer to rename this thread
    ;)

Would you like "The Official Skittles Thread" or "Obsessive Compulsive Sweet Eating"? Any other suggestions?
    Don't rename it!

I like the frisson of illicit posting in inappropriate threads!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6491
    Philly_Q said:
    I am so not a tattoo kind of guy - Hey, they look great on the right person, I am just clearly not the right person - but if ever I harboured even the slightest niggling thought of getting a tattoo, it was cured by watching Tattoo Fixers.

What a bunch of cretins they are on that programme.  Someone comes in with a smiley face round their nipple and instead of getting it lasered off in about 5 seconds flat they leave with some gigantic picture of skulls, butterflies and roses covering half their body.

True!

Great viewing, though. If I drank in one night all the alcohol I have consumed in my life so far I STILL wouldn't be pissed enough to have a tattoo anywhere on my person of a spunking cock that spells my mate's name in the semen. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    edited June 2016
    She can buy her own trolleys if she sells her handbags.

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4916
    Aye, fair enough.
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    The Slash's Snakepit one is cool. I often thought about a Slash or G N' R tattoo when younger. 
    My grandad was in the Navy and has loads of tattoos with interesting stories behind them. 
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I don't understand how anybody with food doesn't just shovel it into their face. I pour skittles into my mouth, can't be arsed separating them. I don't eat starburst any more because they take too long to unwrap

My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    The Slash's Snakepit one is cool. I often thought about a Slash or G N' R tattoo when younger. 
    My grandad was in the Navy and has loads of tattoos with interesting stories behind them. 
    My grandfather and my uncle were in the Merchant Navy, long ago, but I'm pretty sure neither had tattoos.  As far as I know nobody in my extended family has a tattoo, now that I think about it.

I do admire tattoo art, when it's done well, but I could never think of anything which seemed significant enough to get it permanently inked on me.  

Not quite bands or brands, but I had an idea about a slasher movie villains tattoo - Jason, Freddy, Leatherface, Michael Myers, Candyman, maybe Cropsy - but never seriously considered it.  And would I feel obliged to include the likes of Ghostface, Chucky and Angela from Sleepaway Camp....?  It was never likely to happen.

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    I have thought about getting 'Dr Pepper' tattooed on my chest, maybe in script just above my heart on my left pec.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    holnrew said:
    I don't understand how anybody with food doesn't just shovel it into their face. I pour skittles into my mouth, can't be arsed separating them. I don't eat starburst any more because they take too long to unwrap

Ah, but you give much more consideration to pooping than I do. We each have our hobbies and interests. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    holnrew said:

The real reason for not eating Starburst is that they should bloody well still be called Opal Fruits.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Philly_Q said:
    holnrew said:

The real reason for not eating Starburst is that they should bloody well still be called Opal Fruits.
    Hear hear. I don't eat Snickers or clean my kitchen with Cif, for similar reasons.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    I don't clean my kitchen at all.
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Philly_Q said:
    You are Sambostar and ICM £5
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Philly_Q said:
    You are Sambostar and ICM £5
    I was going to say you couldn't be further from the truth, but.... although I'm most definitely not Sambostar there are certainly people more diametrically opposite to him than I am.
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    Love Slash's snakepit.
    Was the tattoo cool? 

I've never had one. What has everybody got? 

I actually think that when I go bald I ought to get a good tan and load the guns (lol) and get a rock tattoo on my arm. Hehe... I'd say I'm actually 33% serious about this :lol: 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33797
    Bidley said:

Tattoos are a very personal thing, it doesn't matter what other people think of them.
    This.

I have a fair number of them- but no brands or logos- I'd want to avoid what we could call 'the Lost Prophets effect'
    If I was to do a band logo then it would possibly be the Strapping Young Lad logo:

but have no plans to do so.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FastEddieFastEddie Frets: 535
    A local hairdresser has his band name on his arm. Shocking. Some type of robotic typeface. Unreadable and can't even remember the band name.

My own.
    I'm a tribal type. Am getting an interpretation of my old Army Corps badge done. Am also considering the Essex CCC badge as I play for the physical disability cricket team. I was injured so qualify as 'broken'. 

A band? No. That's not my thing.
    If I had talent, I'd be talented.
    Red meat and functional mushrooms.
    Persistent and inconsistent guitar player.
    A lefty, hence a fog of permanent frustration

Not enough guitars, pedals, and cricket bats.
    USA Deluxe Strat - Martyn Booth Special - Electromatic
    FX Plex - Cornell Romany