Marshall 2525 H mini jubilee head and cab

What's Hot
capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
edited June 2016 in Amps
Marshall 2525 mini jubilee head and 2 x 12 angled cab. I think I will order one of the head and cabs cos it looks cool as fuck and sounds great. 

Please stop me or point me in a better direction. Will be available in the UK very soon.

Head and angled cab shown here

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That's nice, I had to settle for a Harley Benton with a V30 in it (first world problem) to go with my 2525H, enough on the CC already!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    How are you finding the amp @Mr_Bluesman ?

Despite the angled cab being made in England they are not supplying it to the UK market. 

Ridiculous Marshall ! 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Love it, not played it much at the moment due to some circumstances, gonna get on it more this weekend.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4th;1112134" said:
    How are you finding the amp @Mr_Bluesman ?

Despite the angled cab being made in England they are not supplying it to the UK market. 

Ridiculous Marshall ! 
    That's madness
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2133
    Another hilarious oversight by arguably the most historic/greatest amplifier manufacturer. Who the hell do they have in their business/strategy department??
    They could clear up with so many of their classic designs just reimagined and repackaged with more flexibility.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again; a power scaled plexi on channel one, and an 800 on channel two. So many other manufacturers have done something similar, so I don't see why Marshall seem to be content with pedalling crap like the JVM and Code. How old is the JVM now?? And you can tell it's a ageing product as there as special editions, the horrible "tattoo" variants, "carbon fibre" rubbish and "dark" variants. You don't see many other manufacturers stooping so low to try to reenergise a line. It's almost like they've forgotten what made them good in the first place, and they've forgotten what "cool" is. It wasn't an Astoria, Code, or special edition JVM. For God's sake, just make an amp that isn't gimmicky, plasticky, and generally naff!
    A huge amount of people still aspire to have the Marshall brand in their backline, but aside from the usual classic amps in the reissue line (which must make up the majority of their sales) there is literally ZERO in their "current" range that makes anybody what to buy one.
    They have some good ideas occasionally and actually the YJM was a good amp but the packaging was rubbish and it had to bear the Malmsteen signature for some reason.
    Why did that need to be a signature amp? Why did the headshell need to be so large and why did it need a pre-determined OD and noise gate built into it? Ditch the shit branding, and the cheesy ideas already.
    They miss the mark so often that you have to wonder what the hell is going on.
    The AFD; Slash barely uses them anymore, and again they were gimmicky. A facsimile of the amp that Slash actually recorded with. They sounded average and seemed to appeal to bedroom teenagers rather than actual touring guitarists.

It beggars belief.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2133
    And another thing... Why do they seem hell bent on using those white and red plastic jack socket surrounds on the back of the amp? Make them metal like you used to!! To me, it all adds up to an inferior product. Plastic "nuts" do not scream quality to me.
  • ChrisCox1994ChrisCox1994 Frets: 368
    I'm using a 25/25 head on long term loan through a DrZ 2x10 tonight, first outing, I'll let you guys know how it goes..

At home its loud, very responsive eq that makes it hard to dial in a tone quickly but offers a lot of scope to deal with different guitars, all the tone knobs seem to do more than on my old DSL, TSL and 800 marshalls, which is nice. 

Gain is substantial, about the same as my old suhr that I recently sold. At the moment it doesn't seem like a very noticeable downgrade, definitely not £1000 worse... 

I think I'll be running it rhythm clipped for a dirty/dirtier setup with a clean boost in the loop and a TS in front. 
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
  • Nerine;1113066" said:
    Another hilarious oversight by arguably the most historic/greatest amplifier manufacturer. Who the hell do they have in their business/strategy department??
    They could clear up with so many of their classic designs just reimagined and repackaged with more flexibility.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again; a power scaled plexi on channel one, and an 800 on channel two. So many other manufacturers have done something similar, so I don't see why Marshall seem to be content with pedalling crap like the JVM and Code. How old is the JVM now?? And you can tell it's a ageing product as there as special editions, the horrible "tattoo" variants, "carbon fibre" rubbish and "dark" variants. You don't see many other manufacturers stooping so low to try to reenergise a line. It's almost like they've forgotten what made them good in the first place, and they've forgotten what "cool" is. It wasn't an Astoria, Code, or special edition JVM. For God's sake, just make an amp that isn't gimmicky, plasticky, and generally naff!
    A huge amount of people still aspire to have the Marshall brand in their backline, but aside from the usual classic amps in the reissue line (which must make up the majority of their sales) there is literally ZERO in their "current" range that makes anybody what to buy one.
    They have some good ideas occasionally and actually the YJM was a good amp but the packaging was rubbish and it had to bear the Malmsteen signature for some reason.
    Why did that need to be a signature amp? Why did the headshell need to be so large and why did it need a pre-determined OD and noise gate built into it? Ditch the shit branding, and the cheesy ideas already.
    They miss the mark so often that you have to wonder what the hell is going on.
    The AFD; Slash barely uses them anymore, and again they were gimmicky. A facsimile of the amp that Slash actually recorded with. They sounded average and seemed to appeal to bedroom teenagers rather than actual touring guitarists.

It beggars belief.
    The 1 watt jtm was fantastic.

If only it was about 1/3rd price new. And that I could trust Marshall as a brand... As it is, it's a massively overpriced amp with a very niche market. A 1 watt jtm priced lower (far east built?) and built well would sell like hot cakes!

Add to that what you have suggested (power scaled vintage plexi/modern JCM two channel amp) and you've pretty much cornered the whole market for Marshall amps - a great practice amp that's brilliant at one thing (practice!) and a great two channel do it all amp that sounds pretty much identical to the old ones we know and love.

Every other manufacturer can do it... Even fender have the bassbreaker series, which seem to fit the bill.
    Still baffled by this have even emailed Marshall direct and bypassed the dealer. 

Hello British amp manufacturer I am in Britain and would like to spend money on your products in Britain!

Thanks for the input chaps anyone else played this head or combo yet? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2016
    capo4th said:
    Still baffled by this have even emailed Marshall direct and bypassed the dealer. 

Hello British amp manufacturer I am in Britain and would like to spend money on your products in Britain!

Thanks for the input chaps anyone else played this head or combo yet? 
    I spoke to the marshall uk rep in person and he said the angled silver 212 is "on the way" im not sure theyve got any even at HQ, they must be being made. the normal silver 212 is great for the mini head though

• TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    Can anyone comment how the mini jubilee amps are for home use please, is it like hotrod deluxe blow every window in or is it great for stage use and home use without annoying wife and neighbours ?
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    edited June 2016
    @Telejester

I have a 100-watt Jubilee head and it's brilliant for home use - it sounds great at very low volumes.
    I remember owning a mk1 peavey 5150 head which was astonishing for playing out with , but when I used it at home for practice my missus was going to kill me. I'm waiting on sounds great music to get 2525h stock in so as I can order one and I do hope they are home friendly in terms of volume.
    Can anyone comment how the mini jubilee amps are for home use please, is it like hotrod deluxe blow every window in or is it great for stage use and home use without annoying wife and neighbours ?
    In the 5 watt setting its got a good usable volume range and isnt too loud for home by any means, the master does its job well 

Have been speaking to nice guy at zilla cabs saying I wanted a 1 x 12 cab fitted with greenback speaker that wouldn't be closed back , would have a sweet singing treble and a nicely controlled bass response without sounding congested. He recommended the zilla compact which is £275 loaded with speaker + p&p. Can't wait to get ordering a 2525h when sounds great get them in, anyone any experience of using a zilla compact cab ?
  • Have been speaking to nice guy at zilla cabs saying I wanted a 1 x 12 cab fitted with greenback speaker that wouldn't be closed back , would have a sweet singing treble and a nicely controlled bass response without sounding congested. He recommended the zilla compact which is £275 loaded with speaker + p&p. Can't wait to get ordering a 2525h when sounds great get them in, anyone any experience of using a zilla compact cab ?
    I have a Zilla 1x12 with a greenback in it (no idea if it's the compact one or not?). Sounds great with my Double Six & is really well built.

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Marshall have blown it I think. Just order an MJW or other UK builder. Job more than done.
  • EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    Brize;1113967" said:
    @Telejester

I have a 100-watt Jubilee head and it's brilliant for home use - it sounds great at very low volumes.
    They are deffo one of the better 100w Marshall's for home use. The 50w switch helps too.
    I had thought of just getting the 100w head and the 4x12 but thought it would be just too much and not help with my tinnitus.
    My dealer is having a word with Marshall hopefully they will see sense and sell some products in their home market.