New Boss Waza craft Chorus ce-2w

What's Hot

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Must have, don't need
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    ....Though, a missed opportunity, not to include a blend.

EDIT: And stero I/O :-( 

Maybe I won't be buying after all!
    Mono or stereo ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9611

CE-2 is probably my favourite pedal, so I'm going to have to get one of these! The switching/stereo options could make it very versatile compared to a CE-2.

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Need waza metal zone
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    • CE-1 mode features chorus and vibrato, authentically reproducing the two stereo sound modes in the world’s first chorus pedal
    • Includes new sounds not available in the original pedals, including CE-2 stereo output and variable depth for CE-1 chorus sounds

Good news @jonathanThonmas83 it is stereo out.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    New video from Boss ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746
    Waza DS-1 needs to happen !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    On a serious note a waza ph-1rw should be on the list to do. Great phaser that is.
    That would be very welcome though I wonder what the added 'Waza' value could be.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26987
    Well I'm sold based on that. CE1 mode sounds wonderful.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Just googling the new pedal. Official launch is at summer NAMM. So I googled that - starts 23rd June. Might be a few other new things around this week then.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72322
    Teetonetal said:

CE-1 mode features chorus and vibrato, authentically reproducing the two stereo sound modes in the world’s first chorus pedalIncludes new sounds not available in the original pedals, including CE-2 stereo output and variable depth for CE-1 chorus sounds
    So it's basically a CE-3 then?

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Sounds neat. It'll have to work hard to beat my dod fx65 though.

I want a waza ds-1 - mode 1 standard ds-1, the way it's always been, mode 2 a modded version. It's a really versatile circuit with loads of mods so maybe another dip switch for a mid boost?

No need for a waza ph1r. It's already brilliant - maybe re-release it. In stereo if they must.

I tried the waza sd-1 and found myself really enjoying how the modded mode sounded into a slightly dirty Marshall dsl. Then it transpired it was the standard mode... Saving me quite a packet of money :)
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7324
    I've got an original Japanese one that I used to love. Plugged it in for a gig the other week and I really wish it had a mix control. It was way too in your face for me.

I've never understood mix controls on chorus pedals. Turning the depth control down (or up) surely has the same effect?

How different would depth on full with mix 50% be from a pedal without a mix knob set at 50%?

edited June 2016

I've never understood mix controls on chorus pedals. Turning the depth control down (or up) surely has the same effect?

How different would depth on full with mix 50% be from a pedal without a mix knob set at 50%?

Well, the actual depth of the pitch shift would be the same, but the volume of the effect in relation to the dry signal would change.
    Depth = Distance, Mix = relationship

So a mix on 30% is going to give a subtle effect regardless if depth is 100% or 10%, just the nature of the effect changes with increased depth

Something else, a mix of 100% wet would remove the dry signal completely = vibrato..

Yes I did think it was the amount of pitch shift controlled by the depth.

I think what I'm getting at is I doubt I'd find a mix control useful in reality, when turning down the depth would be good enough.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72322

I think what I'm getting at is I doubt I'd find a mix control useful in reality, when turning down the depth would be good enough.

They can sound quite similar, yes - although not the same. It makes much more of a difference on a bass chorus, I find.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

I would disagree, the mix control really makes a chorus pedal for me,  if for no other reason than it means you can turn it into a vibrato pedal. The moog mini chorus is wonderful for that and a depth control will never achieve that by itself.

It also stops the chorus from being in your face 80's cheese.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    So... apart from stereo (which nobody is going to use) the difference between CE1 mode and CE2 mode is????

I say again - "internet wisdom' states that the CE1 sounds like a CE2 through a normal guitar amp...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Skarloey said:
    We need a Waza Heavy Metal pedal.

Two modes:

Mode 1: The Disciple: A faithful recreation of the sonic invocation of hell that was the Boss HM 2.

Mode 2: The Devil: In this mode the Boss HM-2W via the cleverly concealed hologram projector next to the 9v input jack actually beams a moving 3D image of Satan himself into the centre of the room.
    For real if they put outa HM2 with an extra knob to tame the presence I would buy it.