Electric Drum kits, any recommendations? Got around a £500 budget...

I'm a guitarist really, but I've recently started learning to play the drums, I was using my housemates kit but I've just moved house and want to get an electric kit...

I did a tiny bit of research, it seems the Roland TD-1KV comes highly recommended at my price-range, it even has a 'mesh' snare (?) which I guess is good?

Considering I just want it to fuck around on in Superior Drummer and lay down some real basic drum tracks, would it be a good idea?

Anyone got any better recommendations?

Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    I would recommend the Alesis DM10  used

Its probably the most bang for your buck at £500 (you should be able to get it for less than that)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7295
    Yep I as about to say the same thing. Second hand alesis dm10 or dmX
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    I've got a Roland TD-25 and a Yamaha DTX700. They're the big two manufacturers, I looked at the Alesis stuff and the Roland and Yamaha stuff were streets ahead in terms of quality of the pads, cymbals and racks.

I find the Roland mesh heads easier to play as they have more bounce back than the DTX pads, I would suggest having a go on different ones. I had a look at the Gear4Music WHD brand ones, you can pick up a full set with mesh heads for around £500, they seem worth a look too.

I have to admit I loved the look of the Alesis Crimson kit, huge though!

• Yeah that Alesis kit is rather massive!