Recording King RD-T16

What's Hot
milambermilamber Frets: 118
Has anyone tried/owned one of these with the torrified top? I've seen some excellent reviews and also some saying the build quality can be a bit patchy. I've an opportunity to get one at what seems to be a bargain price, but won't be able to try it first so it's a bit of a shot in the dark. Price is so good though I'm tempted.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LewyLewy Frets: 4205
    edited July 2016
    Never tried one in person but a torrefied Adi top for that price is very impressive. 
  • milambermilamber Frets: 118
    edited July 2016
    It's around £400 in most places - £330 as B grade from Thomann. A friend of my son has a brand new unopened one, bought for his girlfriend as a present just before they split up, so he never gave it to her. Been sat boxed in his spare room for 6 months. Wants £175 for it so very tempted, but he is in the Scottish Borders and I'm in Norfolk!
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4205
    I'd definitely take a punt at £175
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9619
    I wouldn't hesitate at that price either. I have a Loar (same company as Recording King but going for the pre-war Gibson aesthetic rather than Martin) and it's extremely nicely put together. Pretty thin finish for a £200 Chinese guitar and some lovely wood grain on show.
  • AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308
    just looked at the spec 24.9 scale - so it's an 000 and a great buy (if ya like the feel 'n sound of it).
    reason I mention the scale length is that Eastman do the same kinda thing, they call 'em OM's but have put the scale lengths at 25" which, all but damn it makes 'em 000's.
    Makes a difference if ya use low alternative tuning - like I do, string gauges 'n all.
    Recording King have put out some interesting stuff some designed by Eric Schoenberg
    http://www.om28.com/custom/history.jsp

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Worth a punt!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• milambermilamber Frets: 118
    I was going to get it, but then the stupidly cheap Crafter came up on Amazon. I'd get both, but my wife would probably have something to say about it. Three guitars is enough, apparently.........