East Anglia GearFest SAT 14 SEPT **2013**

What's Hot

Comments

• Frankus and I will be joining you at around 4:00pm. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I could bring a Yamaha THR10 instead of the HD500 if anyone is interested. :)
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27495
    ddlooping said:
    I could bring a Yamaha THR10 instead of the HD500 if anyone is interested. :)
    Last time I saw/heard one of those, I had a struggle to avoid buying one straight afterwards!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Sounds great but......we're 'on holiday' this week (at home!!) also the dog's not well so may be voted down but I'll try and make it over.  Where is it?  Looks like it's 'The Magpie' but no idea where that is and can't say I'm familiar with the A140 either!!!  :)  Ta!
    TTony said:

Just doing a roll-call, making sure no-one forgets 

:D

We have use of the pub from early afternoon (2.30-3.00) until early morning (01.00) with food and drink available.  Plenty of car parking and the pub is right on the A140, with a great big sign across the road, so you can't miss it!

I'm guessing that a few of us locals-ish will be there for a large chunk of that time (hi @Phil_aka_Pip, @ESBlonde, @handsomerik), but that most will drop in for a few hours sometime during Saturday pm.  I'm guessing we'll be busiest from around 4pm through til 9pm/10pm.

So, to all those who have said yes, or maybe, but we haven't heard from for a few days ... will we be seeing you on Saturday?

@photek @mike.l @Lexie1 @Bidley @Frankus @JayGee @jaygtr @loverocker @frictionfraction @birdo @surfguy13 @EdGrip ;@ddlooping @viz @MattG

And just in case you can now make it, even only for a couple of hours, be great to see you ... @bigjon @longtallronnie

Did you get transport sorted?  @digitalscream

Last, and least, @Monquixote - get your pass stamped?

If I've missed anyone - pass it on!!

• @surfguy13, it's there. :)
    surfguy13 said:
    Sounds great but......we're 'on holiday' this week (at home!!) also the dog's not well so may be voted down but I'll try and make it over.  Where is it?  Looks like it's 'The Magpie' but no idea where that is and can't say I'm familiar with the A140 either!!!  :)  Ta!
    Just pop over for a couple of hours ...

Where are you traveling from?  Ddlooping's link has the correct location.  You really can't miss the pub!
  • Ely, just north of Cambridge.  Can't find DDLoopings link though?  Is it above somewhere?  Initial discussions re getting a 'pass' for Saturday are not positive but will keep trying........!!!  ;)

TTony said:
    surfguy13 said:
    Sounds great but......we're 'on holiday' this week (at home!!) also the dog's not well so may be voted down but I'll try and make it over.  Where is it?  Looks like it's 'The Magpie' but no idea where that is and can't say I'm familiar with the A140 either!!!  :)  Ta!
    Just pop over for a couple of hours ...

Where are you traveling from?  Ddlooping's link has the correct location.  You really can't miss the pub!

• Aha!!!  Found the link!!  Duh....

ddlooping;32725" said:
    @surfguy13, it's there. :)
    Ely.

Takes my wife just under an hour to get there. In her van (long story) which is slooowwwww.

A14 as far as the just-past-Stowmaket junction (A1120).

Follow the A1120 until you have to stop at a crossroads (3miles).

Turn left (onto the A140)  at the junction, and up the hill.

Pub is on the LHS after 0.5m.

If you miss the A1120 junction, just go on to the next junction, which is the A140 and Beacon Hill services.
  • Thanks TTony....excellent directions!!  :)  It really isn't that far from us.....I'll play it by ear on saturday but hopefully see you all at some point!!!!

TTony said:
    Ely.

Takes my wife just under an hour to get there. In her van (long story) which is slooowwwww.

A14 as far as the just-past-Stowmaket junction (A1120).

Follow the A1120 until you have to stop at a crossroads (3miles).

Turn left (onto the A140)  at the junction, and up the hill.

Pub is on the LHS after 0.5m.

If you miss the A1120 junction, just go on to the next junction, which is the A140 and Beacon Hill services.

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited September 2013

Have a good one chaps and looking forward to some pics and reports about stuff that WOWED!

All the best,

KK

p.s. SE Gearfesters keep an eye on the forum as we, too,may have something available before the year's out.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I'm still coming. Sorry. >:)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• my gf said she wasn't. something to do with being bored stiff ...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    My mrs said she might come, until she heard what was happening . She burst out laughing and then decided to go shopping instead.

I'm afraid most woman just haven't embraced the joys of being an anorak!
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    jaygtr said:
    My mrs said she might come, until she heard what was happening . She burst out laughing and then decided to go shopping instead.

I'm afraid most woman just haven't embraced the joys of being an anorak!
    Make sure you have the credit card!!!!

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    mike_l;33027" said:
    jaygtr said:

My mrs said she might come, until she heard what was happening . She burst out laughing and then decided to go shopping instead.I'm afraid most woman just haven't embraced the joys of being an anorak!Make sure you have the credit card!!!!

I will. She needs to learn that only I can be reckless with it!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
    I'm there, and I assume @MattG will be with me if he makes it out of bed in time :-)

Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    Looks like I'll be there though I won't be there from the start or staying until the bitter end. 

I'll bring my little Mark Bass 1x15 for anyone who wants to do some bassing. (I won't be there until the bitter end though so might need something else for later.) 

I'll also bring my new Puretone and a guitar or two (maybe a Gretsch)

Is this the place?

@TTony any chance of a recap?

Excellent - glad you'll be able to make it MQ. 

That *is* the place.  You really can't miss it.

Who's coming ...

In no order whatsoever;

ddlooping, frankus, phil_aka_pip, esblonde, jaygee, mattg, mike_l, jaygtr, surfguy13, handsomerik, me, you, and maybe one or two more that are aware of it, but haven't confirmed either way yet.

I'm guessing the main event will be from 4/5 until maybe 9/10.  Phil and I will be getting there by 3.  Can't see anyone (apart from Phil) still being there at 1am.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    Cool I'll try and roll up about 5