Am I any good?

What's Hot

Can sing crap covers to a pub full of drunks does that make me  a guitar hero?should add i get paid for it sometimes. also should add gonna get this thread deleted when I sober up
www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

NO deletion.

T'is wrong.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10381
    tFB Trader
    Sometime wobbles about ones playing ability, singing ability etc surface ... they do with me all the time. Personally I tend to think it matters less what you think of your own playing than how it is received by others ... so if others enjoy it you must be doing something right.

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17607
    tFB Trader
    If you can entertain a room full of people it matters very little if you are the ghost of Hendrix.
  • mike_l;122439" said:
    NO deletion.T'is wrong.
    Wisdom!

Just having the balls to go up on stage is a triumph in my books. As for everything else, if you enjoy it, it's a roaring success. If a single punter does, it's a bonus.

If everyone does, you should feel like a god.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    monquixote;122706" said:
    If you can entertain a room full of people it matters very little if you are the ghost of Hendrix.
    There you go. ;)
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    ThePrettyDamned;123141" said:
    [quote="mike_l;122439"]NO deletion.T'is wrong.
    Wisdom!

Just having the balls to go up on stage is a triumph in my books. As for everything else, if you enjoy it, it's a roaring success. If a single punter does, it's a bonus.

If everyone does, you should feel like a god. [/quote]

Going on stage is the easy bit, keeping the sods in tune is the chore!
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • nickpnickp Frets: 183
    @maltingsaudio - they are all right.  I get wobbly some times - especially when I routinely feck up the solo to walk this way, and other stuff that I should be able to play - especially if I've worked out my own solo for a song and then can't play it.  'I'm also the least musical musician in our band, but by god when we rock we get the gaff jumping

so I can't be all that bad, and the buggers haven't sacked me yet!!