I don't make the rules

What's Hot
maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3144
Just made myself really popular! Running sound at a small festival which has a curfew so told by the organisers to turn PA down in the middle of the drum and bass dj's final set which I did. The crowd full of drunks didn't like it, the dj's didn't like it (although they were told) the organisers thanked me !
Gonna do it all again tommorow and sunday hey ho! 
www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4727
    Man's gotta do what a man's gotta do! 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Drum and bass. I would have already turned it down before the organisers spoke to me! Ha!

Probably why I'm not running sound and you are!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72514

The crowd full of drunks didn't like it, the dj's didn't like it (although they were told)
    Simple question… which would they prefer, quiet or off?

:)

Bands overrunning when they've been given a hard cut-off time get no sympathy from me. I've done enough of this kind of thing where there have been constant arguments with ones earlier in the gig about it too - if you allow them to overrun, the final act gets their set cut even worse.

The only way around it if there's an actual curfew is to tell everyone that it's about fifteen minutes earlier than it actually is, so if someone overruns by half a song or starts a 'last one', you don't actually have to cut them off in the middle of it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• We have a definite cut-off time in our wedding gigs, either stipulated by the venue's curfew or by our contract or both. We sometimes get booed, usually by some drunk chap who decided at 11:45pm that he was finally up for a boogie, after sitting it out for the previous 3 or 4 hours.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10444
    I was running PA for "church in the park" at Canoe Lake on Sat morning. Basically we set up a big generator, our biggest HK Projector PA and the church band plays and sings to the mostly disinterested public. They wanted it louder than it could be as well . The trouble is it carries a long way outdoors and not everyone wants to hear it ..... even if it is a divine message :)
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom