alternatives to Jamup pro for use with a pc to practice guitar

I really like my JamUp pro for ipad for practicing using an interface.

my "nipper" has just got a laptop and he needs to pracitice properly along to backing tracks as his timing is reet wobbly otherwise.  

Is there an all in one alternative that will playback mp3 files, loop sections, repeat, and slow them down which works as well as JamUp?

I use winamp with a couple of plugins which are ok but they are nowhere near as polished as the JamUp product (which is also a bargain)

ta

Nick
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• wordywordy Frets: 67

http://www.riffstation.com/

Anyone tried it?

• wordywordy Frets: 67
    the only other thing I can think of is Amplitube which has tuner, metronome, looping, and phrase trainer if I remember right.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27497
    Buy him an iPad and let him use JamUp!

Or buy yourself a new iPad, and give him your old one ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • nickpnickp Frets: 183
    @ttony nooooo :-SS :-SS :D

the little shit has just had £300 spent on the laptop and the ipad keeps me one step ahead of the moneygrasping little toad in the "toys" stakes - there is no way that he can have as many toys as me - which is why he has a prs SE while i've got an LP, and also why his amp is a line 6 jobbie while i've got an engl :)>-
  • davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    Line 6 pod stuff is quite good.  Cheapest is probably guitar port which is around £60 I think.  Or if you've a suitable DAW already you can download pod farm which is pretty good.  Can't remember if you can slow down with those but combined with other software you can I think.