Auction hunters

What's Hot
Anyone watch auction hunters on Sky 520? Episode coming up is where they find a 1981 strat and take It to a dealer who is norms rare guitars, who tells them it's a 70's strat. So bloody annoying when even so called experts get it wrong !
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1132
    that show is staged so they could have at least got the details right! the other one Storage Wars is miles better because it's actually real people and stuff, not actors and planted "wow!" stuff

• dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    Is that the blue strat they find? I don't know owt about years and so on, but it looks like something I'd like to find :)
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

• Bit like this clip

www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3621
    Is the Auction Hunters episode the one when they find the Maui blue Strat?

It was from the international range which came out in 1980 so they weren't that far out.

BTW I love them in Capri orange. 
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    Theres a show where they basically auction off storage units and the contents which no one has come to claim. There was an episode where the walls were absolutely lined with gibson cases, must have been a good 50 in there but they weren't allowed to check inside. The bidding got to well over 30,000 and when they finished it pertained that the cases were all empty. 

Probably staged but amusing seeing all these rednecks scramble over empty cases. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Neil said:
    Is the Auction Hunters episode the one when they find the Maui blue Strat?

It was from the international range which came out in 1980 so they weren't that far out.

BTW I love them in Capri orange. 

1981, sorry. I had a Monaco yellow tele with white scratchplate, looked like an inverted egg ! So changed to a black scratchplate.
  • Bit like this clip

Less than 2mins in and I could see it was a 70's model due to pancake body., didn't see volume till later. Crazy.
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1097
    Anyone watch auction hunters on Sky 520? Episode coming up is where they find a 1981 strat and take It to a dealer who is norms rare guitars, who tells them it's a 70's strat. So bloody annoying when even so called experts get it wrong !
    It's been on a few times hasn't it? I like watching them although take everything with a pinch of salt due to edits.

Keep an eye on the guitar case, see if you can spot anything different about it at the end.

• Missed the guitar case ? What was different to a standard tolex fender case ?
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1097
    Missed the guitar case ? What was different to a standard tolex fender case ?
    It started off with a tweed case then became a tolex case or vice versa - been a while since I seen it! But I noticed it at the time.

If they're doing a lot of re-shoots/edits then it would also explain their 'limited' wardrobe throughout the series to make things easier!

• NeilNeil Frets: 3621
    All "reality" shows are staged anyway.

When you look at the shops they go into for valuations they are always empty.  In Pawn Stars shop in Las Vegas it is always empty when they look at stuff when in reality there is always a queue down the street to get in due to its TV fame.