Lowden S32J

Just getting around to recording this lovely guitar, here's a piece I'm working on - feedback appreciated!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• excellent Phl, very musical in every way Lowdens have a 'way' of coaxing this kind of performance from a player.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lovely! I like your recorded sound. Got a couple of questions, if that's OK.

1. Are you using anything else apart from the mic in shot to track the guitar?
    2. I can hear the reverb, but what else did you do to the track?

Ta, N
  • from the utube page -
    "Recorded using the guitar's undersaddle pickup and an ADK condenser mic, into a Tascam DR-100 digital recorder with a touch of reverb from the TC Electronic Hall of Fame."

I can detect the ust and it's better suited to nylon string than steel

• Lovely! I like your recorded sound. Got a couple of questions, if that's OK.

1. Are you using anything else apart from the mic in shot to track the guitar?
    2. I can hear the reverb, but what else did you do to the track?

Ta, N
    Hi there

I used the mic for the right channel with the guitar's Fishman undersaddle transducer for the left channel (which went into a TC BodyRez to remove a bit of the piezo sound) and put both through the stereo inputs of the TC Hall of Fame reverb pedal. The stereo outputs from the TC were recorded into the stereo line in of the Tascam DR-100.

Finally I added a touch of multi-band compression in Logic to the stereo file.

Hope this helps. I'm always happy to answer any questions! I was quite pleased with the final sound, for a relatively budget set up (I think I got the mic for 40 quid off ebay a couple of years back, but it's quite a nice condenser).
  • @mellowsun Thanks.