SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Mesa Boogie 295 Power Amp, RJM Amp Gizmo

nikolas7333nikolas7333 Frets: 72
edited January 2018 in Amps £
Marshall JMP 2203 head now SOLD

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• nikolas7333nikolas7333 Frets: 72
    edited December 2017
    For sale is my beloved Mesa Boogie 295 Stereo Power Amp. This beast is considered by many as one of the best power amps Mesa Boogie has ever produced. It is an all tube circuit, delivering 95 watts of power on each channel(hence the name 295) and utilises the famous simul-class design. 

Taken from the manual, Mesa Boogie describes it as follows: 

'Simul-Class power is like having two different kinds of power operating simul-taneously on each channel of the amplifier. One power section is wired in "Class A Triode" and uses two EL-34 tubes. "Class A” power is the oldest and purest form of amplification; it’s warm and "vocal" tone is the heart of the Simul-Class circuit. The other power section uses two 6L6 tubes, wired in the more modern and efficient "Class AB" configuration; this section provides the bulk of the "muscle" in the amplifier. And by combining these two "classes" of power design, the Simul-Class circuit reaps the rewards of both. The 30 watts of vintage Class A tone combines with 65 watts of efficient Class AB power to produce a total of 95 watts per channel of the warmest, most musical power you've ever heard! Or you can use the "Class A/Simul-Class" switch to turn off the Class AB (6L6) sections, and run the Class A (EL-34) sections by themselves. This allows you to drive the amp harder for greater power amp distortion, but at volume levels you can more easily control.' 

It also features presence switches on the back for each channel.... 

Cosmetically, it does has a few scratches but given it's age it is in great condition, and is fully functional. It could possibly benefit from some new EL34's, but it's certainly not a necessity - it sounds great as it is! I'm based in London, looking for £500.

Pictures:

Check the post below for  links to a few videos/recordings I made using the 295 in combination with my Mesa Boogie Quad preamp(also for sale): 

edited January 2018

• Bump for updated photos
    edited December 2017
    The RJM Amp Gizmo allows you control your guitar amp's channels using midi. Combine this with a MIDI foot switch controller and you're set to go. 

'Most guitar players have experienced the dreaded "tap dance" – having to stomp on multiple pedals and footswitches to select the sound you need. It’s a hassle and can detract from a performance. 

MIDI can be used to solve this problem. MIDI controlled effects units have been available for decades. It’s a tried and true solution. You can control a whole rack of effects using a single MIDI controller. However, most guitar amplifiers have no MIDI capability, so you’re stuck with using a separate footswitch just for the amp. 

That’s where the Amp Gizmo comes in. It will allow you to control all of the footswitchable features of your amp from any MIDI controller. You can finally put your amp’s footswitch away and control your amp from the same MIDI controller you’re using to control your effects!' 

The unit is in great condition, and has performed its job without any problems. Due to the isolated switching jacks I've never had ground loops issues with it, and it was a breeze to set up.

I'm based in London, UK. Looking for £200.

Photos:

https://vgy.me/UX3UbF.jpg
    https://vgy.me/Y7bUGv.jpg
    https://vgy.me/VORJev.jpg
  • kipplekipple Frets: 354
    Hi Nik.
    Do you have any clips of the Marshall.
    Also What Mesa Boogie is in the pic in the Cream Headshell.
    Thanks Ian
    I put peoples heads in horse's beds

edited December 2017
    I'll be making some clips of the Marshall tomorrow afternoon, so will post them here. The other Mesa you see is a Mark III Coliseum head. Unfortunately it is not for sale. Well spotted though :)
  • Marshall and Mesa Quad now sold. Bump for the Mesa 295 and RJM Amp Gizmo.

• Bump for Mesa 295 and Amp Gizmp
  • Bump for the Mesa 295. Still for sale if anyone is interested. Based in Bristol, UK.
  • bump
  • Bump
  • Bump. Mesa Boogie 295 price drop to £400