SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Please remove - off to ebay: MIJ Squier Supersonic

albanovalbanov Frets: 55
edited February 2014 in Guitars £
Hello,

First post here despite visiting frequently -  particularly when I ought to be getting on with something else. I did buy and sell a few things on the old music radar forum though.

This is a 'Crafted in Japan' Squier Supersonic. These were made between 1996-98 as part of the Vista Series, along with the Jagstang, Jagmaster and that Courtney Love one.  Don't hold that against it though. Great guitar, I like it a lot but I'm making space for something new so here we are.

It's a 24" scale neck, maple with rosewood board, with a basswood body and strat trem. Pretty light weight. Frets are on the vintage, tall and thin end of things. Two controls, both volume - these were originally set up backwards, so the one nearest to the bridge worked the bridge pickup. I've swapped that round.

Plays very nicely and feels good quality - much more in keeping with Japanese Fenders than any Squier I've played. Condition is good with very little fret wear. There's a few scratches on the pick guard - shown in the photos.

Please note the zebra coil humbuckers shown in the photos will be swapped out for the original black coil 'duncan designed' units for selling.  Also the dinosaur sticker (courtesy of my 4 year old son) will come off.  Unless you really like dinosaurs, of course.

I'm asking £350 plus shipping, or collection is welcome from Birmingham. Comes with one of those slightly pointless nylon gig bags.

Not really looking for trades although I may be tempted by a part exchange for a good tele bridge pickup.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments