Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Future Diamonds

What's Hot
So i think we all know about some of the current "old school" diamonds, things like the 80's Tokai's, Levinson Blades, Yamaha SG's, Japanese 90's Ibanez and stuff like that, so whats going to be next?

I reckon it'll be things like the early Schecter C1's, ESP ltd EC1000's and those Korean Lite Ash Fenders. 
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hello Kitty Squiers. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    Rasmus guitars will be valuable one day- asian construction but the same hardware as the USA Suhr's.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Early Gordon Smiths were bloody excellent but I'm not telling you lot. I want to keep the prices down.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ESPs, not so much LTDs. They've stopped putting ESP on the headstock and switched to E-II instead, which are supposedly made by the same people, but real ESPs will always be more desirable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Original PlayStation 2 Guitar Hero controller.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Gibson 2015 - guitars with the brass nut and robot tuners.  
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Hello Kitty Squiers. 
    These have already shot up in price to buy, because of the trend of people hot-rodding them or turning them into metal machines.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Yup, for single HB affinity strats, they already go for silly money.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Jookies. I should never have sold the feckers :(

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Phillips Cleartone Conversions.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Mid 90s US Fenders.

Mark my words, they will soon be 'vintage' and have four figure price tags... 
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChap said:
    Jookies. I should never have sold the feckers :(
    Me either! Wonder where The Siren Song One is now......
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7324
    I'd probably agree with the lite ash telecasters.
    ive had 2 now and they're the only tele I've really liked. The neck is awesome.
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Nothing recent that I can think of. If Fender had concluded that the Classic Vibe guitars were too good for the price point - within the first year of production  - and had pulled them....that would have been a prime candidate.

Other than recent guitars...
    I think that 50s/Early 60s Gibson Jazz boxes will double in price in the next few years. 

• I'm not really talking about price or guitars that accumulate value, i'm more into the players guitars!
  • impmann said:
    Mid 90s US Fenders.

Mark my words, they will soon be 'vintage' and have four figure price tags...

It's already happening with 80s models so I see no reason why it won't start with the 90s stuff 

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Maybe the initial runs of the single pickup fender custom shop la cabronita especials?
  • Skipped said:
    Nothing recent that I can think of. If Fender had concluded that the Classic Vibe guitars were too good for the price point - within the first year of production  - and had pulled them....that would have been a prime candidate.

I think the CVs will easily the attain the status of Silver Series or Protone Squiers. They haven't stopped making them, but they're not that easy to find used (compared to standard Squiers anyway).
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27474
    Kawais.

(I live in hope).
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Japanese Charvel Pro Mods.