Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NAD ... finally, the one guitar, one amp dream!

What's Hot
Hello! Just really wanting to show off that I've finally sorted out the one guitar and one amp dream I've had in my head for about 3 years haha. 

In practice it seems easy, but as everyone knows it's actually tough, selling off stuff that you like, and stuff that you don't play but you want to keep just in case! 

I picked this up from @JamesSGBrown today, lovely guy ... It's Princeton Reverb 68 custom! With an eminence ragin cajun! 

The amp sounds great, 10/10, better than I was hoping really - just what I needed, beautiful!  This new amp has been a long time coming! Bought nearly everything in the photo from our forums :)

It gets better ... girlfriend is away for the weekend with her mum (i hope) and there's some beers in the fridge to celebrate this accomplishment  it's a night of playing! 

0reaction image LOL 14reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jaytmonjaytmon Frets: 168
    Are you saying you now only own one guitar and one amp??! If so I must learn your voodoo powers! ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You've done well! I'm at the same point although i still have an amp for sale. 

Only having minimal gear has made me write and practice more, i've been refocused on what the guitar is really about.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
    edited September 2016
    A truly super combination IMHO. I too have the superb Princeton custom 68 and it is sublime. I have a ragin cajun is my home built 5E7 and it is great. I commend you on your excellent taste! :)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Well done. Beautiful amp - in looks and sound. 
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2438
    I was playing a 65 PRRI last night at band practice and I have to say it sounded glorious.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • I really want a Princeton....

I tried a 65 RI recently and thought it gave pretty much my 'idealised' Fender tone. The fact that - setting aside those for vibrato and reverb - there are only three controls to fiddle with really appeals.
  • Neat set up.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1770
    I like your style, one guitar & amp so you can really focus on what's important... Buying and selling pedals  ;)
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5161
    edited September 2016
    Just a pedalboard to get and your all done..oh and a guitar stand maybe. ;)   Looks great though..I'm 'well Jel' 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Very nice - I hope it lasts! Beautiful amps those custom 68s
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    Nice setup...looks like a lot of fun to play. I'm still living the 7 guitars and 5 amps nightmare with plenty of GAS in the tank ;-(
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Morning guys, that's for all of the kind comments! You're a lot better than my friends ... "what? you're not watching the match because you're going to Birmingham to buy at amp?" which a two headed stare was the level of admiration they gave me! 

Haha the 7 guitar, 5 amp nightmare - sounds like hell  ;)

Hah yeah a pedal board is needed isn't it? Stop making me google pedal boards!!! I do have a guitar stand actually hah I just didn't think to get it out for my show off pic ... Hah I think all the things people say about nitro finishes on guitar stands have put me off them! I am that much of a loser. 

Yeah the amp does have simple controls, I'm a set and forget man so it's good for me. The reverb and vibrato sound great on this. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    I love having 9 amps and guitars though....
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    It's very liberating to de-clutter, I'm predominantly playing my Strandberg 8 string, whilst my others look on in a sulk and now I took the plunge with the Axe-Fx it means that most of my pedalboard is going too 
  • guitarblasterguitarblaster Frets: 376
    edited August 2017
    tone1 said:
    Just a pedalboard to get and your all done..oh and a guitar stand maybe.   Looks great though..I'm 'well Jel' 
    As you wish! Haha had that comment in my head for nearly a year now ... Don't get something else in my head!

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4353/36478219860_fa408a8960_b.jpg
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    I envy you.
  • I want that amp! If I ever get one, My journey will also be complete! 

You can keep the guitar though ;) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5161
    edited August 2017
    tone1 said:
    Just a pedalboard to get and your all done..oh and a guitar stand maybe.   Looks great though..I'm 'well Jel' 
    As you wish! Haha had that comment in my head for nearly a year now ... Don't get something else in my head!

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4353/36478219860_fa408a8960_b.jpg
    My work here is done....very nice 

Edit...the OCD in me is liking the matching jewel light.....but I'd have the tuner 1st in the chain =)
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    edited August 2017
    Nice looking setup! It's great to declutter and simplify isn't it? I'm still clinging onto my cab in case I regret stepping down to a 1x12 combo though! 

You do need a pedalboard now though ;)