Playing the Hungarian Dance No.5

What's Hot
MarkbluesMarkblues Frets: 24
Hi guys, 
This is my first post here and I'm finding my way around this forum. As well as saying where I'm from and all about my gear I figured the best way to introduce myself is with a little playing.  I'm an all round guitarist, jack of all trades and this is my attempt at the Hungarian dance all the way from Oxford. Well i may not be far from you :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCcUVSgcDxY
Mark 

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• kinkin Frets: 1015
    Brilliant,super clean playing. Loved that mate.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10694
    edited October 2016
    Bravo! I assume that's your own arrangement?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Superb!
  • Yes, great playing.
    It's not a competition.
  • Thanks for the listens and support guys. Yes I sat down and arranged it myself as I do with all my covers but did take inspiration from a few other versions out there. There are only so many ways you can play a song and try to stay true to the track I guess. Anyhow, I'm pleased you enjoyed it.  Cheers guys 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Wow from me,  really impressive playing - I like to have heard more. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Wow. Loved every second of it.
  • Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. What I always like (and find the hardest) with arranging for a different instrument, is when it actually sounds like a proper piece for the instrument, rather than actually sounding just like you're trying to emulate the original instrument. To sound like an x factor judge, you smashed it, good work.

Though I did initially read the thread title as being Hungarian Rhapsody (the Liszt one) which intrigued me as a concept!! That's bloody hard enough on piano let alone trying to get your digits around it on six strings
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks everyone, I really appreciate you kind comments. I spend half my time worrying how it comes across to other people and i'm never satisfied. Again, really appreciate you all commenting. It helps with a little more self belief. If anyone is interested I've also just released an album on Spotify. In fact I think I'll make another post about thar :)
    https://open.spotify.com/album/0AJGCtjcPzeCj7ZkWY3KWE
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom