Fitting a pickup to an acoustic?

What's Hot
daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
Any advice on this? I know nothing about these, but basucally I'm thinking something simple with an end pin jack to fit to my LAG and kept everything else happen outboard. Is this easy for someone reasonably competent? What's a good pickup? Cheers in advance.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Pure mini. I installed mine myself but @ICBM tidied it up at the bridge end for me. I'd pay for somebody to do it TBH.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    K&K Pure Mini as thomasross said. He actually fitted it perfectly well, I just improved the jack wiring slightly :).

Simple, reliable, easy to fit and sounds good.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4205
    Another vote for the K&K pure mini
  • It really is the most non-invasive option, doesn't cost a fortune and sounds great. I'm 100% glad I got it over the anthem/lyric etc.
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    Cheers guys, I shall investigate this
  • You want another vote for the K&K? My Larrivee loves the one I had fitted. 
  • Is the K&K mini any good for a 12-string?
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Is the K&K mini any good for a 12-string?
    Yes. Good for any guitar with any string spacing or type exactly because it picks up from the guitar and not the strings.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ta for that, @ICBM. An order shall be setting forth in due course then.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.