THR niggles?

rolls1392rolls1392 Frets: 235

Currently on my second THR from GAK and something doesn't seem right.

When I play music from the computer(YouTube & backing tracks) through the THR(using the supplied usb lead) the music often stops and also breaks up. Seems to happen every few seconds or so. Music doesn't break up when THR not attached.

Is this not unusual?

Does anyone else have this trouble or am I being too picky.

Thanks in advanced

R

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bertiebertie Frets: 13569

rolls1392 said:

Does anyone else have this trouble 

nope,  had a few 'connection' issues when I first got it, which involved setting the soundcard/outputs up properly etc in windows.  But it was very much a no-go/go   ,  once sorted, never a problem.
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • rolls1392rolls1392 Frets: 235

Seem to be me then.

Had computer checked and that's ok.

• Hate to say it, but there have been a few niggles reported around here for the thr.

Shame. Great looking and they sound brilliant!
  • furtherfurther Frets: 88
    I have a THR5 no problems here,Try Yamaha UK tech support I have found them very helpful.
    Good luck
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    Hate to say it, but there have been a few niggles reported around here for the thr.

three I think, and two of those from  mr rolls,  which is a shame/pain/unfortunate................    
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • Lexie1Lexie1 Frets: 135
    Never had any of the issues described, but I do have a friend who has a THR10C that suddenly started playing up after a trouble free 1st year. It was replaced under Yamaha's excellent warranty, no questions asked. He spoke to his supplier over the phone and described the fault and they delivered a new one and collected his old one. Brilliant service from GuitarGuitar in Brum.

Mine is the original THR and is coming up for its second birthday with me, used daily and absolutely excellent.
    ;)
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    rolls1392;8792" said:
    Currently on my second THR from GAK and something doesn't seem right.When I play music from the computer(YouTube & backing tracks) through the THR(using the supplied usb lead) the music often stops and also breaks up. Seems to happen every few seconds or so. Music doesn't break up when THR not attached.Is this not unusual?Does anyone else have this trouble or am I being too picky.Thanks in advancedR
    I had a very similar issue to this with a line 6 UX2 when playing music. Turned out to be my wifi interfering somehow. When I tried playing music using Ethernet for my internet it was fine and when using wifi would crackle, stutter every few seconds and sometimes just stop completely. Unit was exchanged under warranty and bizarrely the next unit was fine.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3452
    I have some noise issues when I have the computer on at the same time. Assume it's cheap soundcard or equivalent but it's not overwhelming. Absolutely no problems when it's only the amp. Mind you, when I first got it I had the crap PSU but once that was replaced (for free) I had no problems.