Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PRS: Petty Rage Syndrome

What's Hot
Was listening to Johnny Vaughn on Radio X on a drive home yesterday and he was banging on about Petty Rage Syndrome, wqs quite funny. What are the small things in life that get you raging?

if it's just you you are a Raging Loner
If you find one other person that shares the same peev you have a Petty Rage Partner
If it's 3 or my it's an official Petty Rage Syndrome

has to be petty and makes you think 'is it just me?'

Here's one from me: People who casually take too long to put their seatbelt on, turn the engine on and pull away from petrol pumps when there is a massive queue lining up at the garage! Gets me raging!

Am I a raging loner or is this a syndrome?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    edited October 2016
    People who walk slowly. Even worse when you get two or three walking abreast all walking slowly. I honestly think I could hit them sometimes, from behind, with something really heavy. Totally unjustified but I don't understand why people dawdle. If you are trying to get somewhere, get there, or get out of the way.

People who eat apples loudly. Just close your mouth, it isn't that hard, but apples are crunchy anyway, so when people don't close their mouth properly it makes it even worse.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    People who wait at the traffic lights but don't press the button. This is obviously fine if it's a dead road but if there's traffic then you're gonna look like a total dick standing there for ten minutes.

Yeah slow walkers too. People who walk while looking at their phones.

The commute to and from work is a mix of all of these things every day without fail.
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
     Dopesick said:
    People who wait at the traffic lights but don't press the button. This is obviously fine if it's a dead road but if there's traffic then you're gonna look like a total dick standing there for ten minutes.

The commute to and from work is a mix of all of these things every day without fail.

I do this sometimes when im out walking the dog. Id just rather not have to make people stop for me to cross. I wait until theres a gap and cross without interrupting anyones journey.

...sorry 'bout that ;)

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    People, usually older women, who watch as their whole trolley of shopping is scanned and then act somehow surprised when they're told the total. Start fumbling in their bag, sorting out loose change. randomly find something they thought they'd lost years ago and show it to the cashier. Then once paid, start fumbling around in their bag again, organizing, putting stuff away. Usually with a queue of 4/5 waiting behind them. I can't be the only person that seems to be stuck behind these shoppers regularly!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited October 2016
    Dopesick said:
    People who wait at the traffic lights but don't press the button.
    Thing is:  most people use a finger (and usually their own) to press a traffic light button.
    Am I alone in wondering where all those other fingers may have been? 

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    People who use a mobile to text whilst driving ........
    People who think that looking at their mobile while they walk doesnt slow them down and that they become a rolling roadblock.
    People who get off an escalator and just stop - often to look at their phone.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1770
    When people (generally the older, less IT aware staff at work) double click links in their web browser and then get all flustered when it opens two new tabs - and that it happens every time but they never twig that they might be doing something wrong but instead start muttering about "stupid computers".
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    Nikko said:
     Dopesick said:

I do this sometimes when im out walking the dog. Id just rather not have to make people stop for me to cross. I wait until theres a gap and cross without interrupting anyones journey.

...sorry 'bout that

Fuck em, they're only cars! Stick up for the pedestrian man!
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    People who continue to talk whilst yawning. I just find it really rude and all I can think of is slapping some manners into them...  :p
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Dopesick said:
    Nikko said:
     Dopesick said:

...sorry 'bout that

Fuck em, they're only cars! Stick up for the pedestrian man!

But im also a driver, and it gets on my tits when I have to stop :)
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701

People.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Magicians!
    A ghost!
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4168
    When you over-dunk your biscuit and it falls into your tea making a nasty slush at the bottom of the mug.
  • Tuscan777Tuscan777 Frets: 125
    People that type far too loudly.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4168
    Tuscan777 said:
    Good job you don't have a desk anywhere near me then, I'm a right key thumper. :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Tuscan777 said:
    Totally! I was on a train the other day and there was a woman across the aisle from me that must get through laptops every few weeks with the amount of force she was hammering it with.
  • danodano Frets: 1593
    Was listening to Johnny Vaughn on Radio X on a drive home yesterday and he was banging on about Petty Rage Syndrome, wqs quite funny. What are the small things in life that get you raging?

This is really petty but you've written "a drive home" when surely it should be "the drive home". Unless you make multiple drives home ? Poor grammar sends me into a Rage. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • quarky said:
    People who walk slowly. Even worse when you get two or three walking abreast all walking slowly. I honestly think I could hit them sometimes, from behind, with something really heavy. Totally unjustified but I don't understand why people dawdle. If you are trying to get somewhere, get there, or get out of the way.

Dopesick said:
    People who walk while looking at their phones.

People who think that looking at their mobile while they walk doesnt slow them down and that they become a rolling roadblock.
    People who get off an escalator and just stop - often to look at their phone.
    THIS!! Inconsiderate walkers really boil my piss. I don't mind slow walkers- it's when they walk really slowly, right in the middle of the pavement so there isn't enough room to go past them without walking in the road or shoving them out of the way, or in large groups that completely block the pavement. 

Random stoppers are even worse. Yesterday I arrived at work and had to pass through a large lobby with doors at either end. The room was wide, but the doors were only really wide enough for one person to pass through at a time. So where does the woman in front of me decide to stop? Yep. Is it really not OK to give them a gentle, encouraging shove to somewhere where they can be a pain in fewer people's arse? 

The number of times I've had to fight the urge to slap someone's phone up in to their face when they walk directly towards me, completely oblivious to the fact that they're about to run straight in to me.

Supermarkets are the worst- you get all the aforementioned knobbers, but armed with shopping trolleys that they insist on stopping diagonally across the aisle, almost as if they were trying to cause the biggest possible obstruction.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one though...

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• SporkySporky Frets: 28177
    Cyclists on footpaths who ring their twatty little bells so that you know they're more important than you and you should flatten yourself against a fence or hedge so as not to impede their progress.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom