Oil city - ordered but no contact and email failure

What's Hot
Hi guys,

Should I be worried about this? I ordered a p90 dogear after much raving here about this oickup company, butdidnt receive any confirmation. I've since tried to email "ash" on the website but have bad a bounce back saying that Gmail is blacklisted by their mail servers.

I don't mind if it takes a week or two but im a little cautious as I've not heard a peep and can't get in contact.

Thanks,
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    I'd be amazed if there was anything to worry about - probably just a tech thing @TheGuitarWeasel ;

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FRockStarFRockStar Frets: 140
    I believe he was on holiday but should be back by now. Maybe catching up on back orders? Have you tried contacting Ash via the Fretboard? He's @TheGuitarWeasel ;
  • FRockStarFRockStar Frets: 140
    Haha.. Jooky beat me to it! 
    Anyway, I'm sure Ash will sort you out. 
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    I spoke to Ash a couple of days ago so he's definitely back and at work.  Puzzled by the email thing, whenever I have sent an email to him I get an instant auto reply to confirm the email has been received.  I'm on Gmail and haven't had any problems.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7860
    Ash is a top bloke.  He would never mess you around. He's probably just having a technical issue. 
  • 4string4string Frets: 33
    edited October 2016 tFB Trader
    Hi William, I have chased Ash via our back channel and I am sure he will respond shortly.  
    Chief Bottle Washer @ Oil City Pickups.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Excellent, thank you all! The error is below: Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed: ash@oilcitypickups.co.uk Message will be retried for 1 more day(s) Technical details of temporary failure: Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain oilcitypickups.co.uk by mbox.100ws.com. [162.210.101.184]. The error that the other server returned was: 550 Sender IP (74.125.82.47) is blacklisted at new.spam.dnsbl.sorbs.net.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10383
    tFB Trader
    Hi William, not sure why our mail server has a problem with your e mail, not a usual thing at all. I have a personal gmail account and just sent a test e mail to our business ash@oilcitypickups.co.uk address and we got it fine ...
    Your P90 pickup is being built at this very moment :-) and will be out to you Monday or Tuesday (we quote 7-9 working days). We don't normally send order confirmation e mails as our ordering is done by paypal cart, and you should have received an automatic paypal receipt from your transaction. I am PM-ing you my personal e mail address so that if all else fails you can get us that way (assuming hotmail has no problem with your account).
    Ash
    Oil City Pickups
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2016 tFB Trader
    PS, I just ran your IP address through a blacklist check and it came up on two. Worth looking here: http://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-check there are some fixes suggested too. I'm no expert, perhaps the internet wizards here can help ... but my first thought would be that you might have had an e mail account hack at some point ... 

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• GassageGassage Frets: 30912
    FRockStar said:
    I believe he was on holiday but should be back by now. Maybe catching up on back orders? Have you tried contacting Ash via the Fretboard? He's @TheGuitarWeasel ;
    ^This.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Well, that's just great, I'm definitely reassured. :)
    tFB Trader
    All dealt with I believe Will :-)

• Arrived this morning, excellent :)
    tFB Trader
    Glad you got em mate :-)

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    The error that the other server returned was: 550 Sender IP (74.125.82.47) is blacklisted at new.spam.dnsbl.sorbs.net.
    That IP belongs to google - mail-wm0-f47.google.com. So, sorbs.net have blacklisted a google mail server. Which is odd.

R.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • metalemetale Frets: 57
    Hi guys.

Ash, I had problems too reaching your e-mail (Fabio in this case, as you were on Hollydays). I'm gmail too and most e-mails were delayed and a couple failed completly to arrive.

Just a heads up as there may be some problem with the e-mail.
    tFB Trader
    That's worrying ... 

tFB Trader
    The error that the other server returned was: 550 Sender IP (74.125.82.47) is blacklisted at new.spam.dnsbl.sorbs.net.
    That IP belongs to google - mail-wm0-f47.google.com. So, sorbs.net have blacklisted a google mail server. Which is odd.

R.
    Our only choice may be to look for another incoming mail server ... dammit we are super busy at the moment

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    edited October 2016
    @TheGuitarWeasel  I can help with that, if you like. I have done it professionally in the past. PM me if you want to discuss.

R.