For the experts in electronics..

cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
edited October 2016 in Making & Modding
Hey guys, been trying to solve this but my limited electronics knowledge is not helping

I have a pedal controlled by a relay (Xotic wah) so every time I hit the spdt switch it activates the relay.

I'm trying to mod it so I can have it on as soon as I step on the pedal. Theorically I should be able to do that with a momentary / non-latching switch on the top of it but as it uses the relay that won't work.

Was wondering if there are any tricks I could try? Thought about using a 2pdt momentary switch but don't think it will work as well.

Any ideas? Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I don't want to put myself forward as an 'expert', but it sound to me as if the pedal (and relay) might be controlled by a small micro-controller. Something like this  http://1776effects.com/product/finish-line-relay-bypass/
    Perhaps the designer has the relay operate when the pedal is released. Maybe to avoid switch bounce.
    Changing that arrangement would not be simple for someone with limited Electronics experience. The Exotic Wah is too nice pedal to 'learn' on.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28196
    Is the existing switch latching or momentary?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • I've managed to solve the problem by having a momentary SPDT doubling as the switch when I stepped on it. one side of the cable connected to the common and the other connected to both open / close contacts so it would change accordingly :)
    Dang it. I was working up to suggesting that. I'd have looked like a freakin' genius.
  • hahaha, well I'm a genius right? :)
    Idiot savant? ;)

I kid. It was good thinking. :)