Mezzabarba amps?

What's Hot
Some really interesting demos popping up on YT - anybody here lucky enough to own one?
Love the looks of the M zero.....
The little 18watter combo looks deadly too though, and is a nice price.......
Any experience?!
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Heres a few demo's (Of course there'sa Rappoport in there!)

Noice.
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30294
    Only watched the Howie Simon demo but I couldn't really get an idea of whether this amp would be suitable for my Hank Marvin tribute act.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well im sure if Howie backed the volume off and stuck on his Hornrims hemight knock out a passable "man of mystery" =)
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24831
    Sassafras said:
    Only watched the Howie Simon demo but I couldn't really get an idea of whether this amp would be suitable for my Hank Marvin tribute act.
    I think it could be made to work.

If you turn the gain and master down to zero and run it in stereo with a Vox AC30, you'll be in the right ballpark....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I know a couple of Italian guys who have them and really like them. I am trying to get a demo
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    What a terrible company name. Worst I've ever heard for amps. They may be great but major suckage on that front.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3497
    edited October 2016
    axisus said:
    What a terrible company name. Worst I've ever heard for amps. They may be great but major suckage on that front.
    It's his name. 

There's a German guitar maker called 'Cuntz'. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    axisus said:
    It's his name. 
    Makes no difference, still a terrible amp name as far as I'm concerned.
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    I think they sound great but agree that the name isn't that good. It reminds me of Vonhatski amps which sounded good but also had a crap name (they could have even gone tits up because haven't seen them advertising for a while)...
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24831
    rawk100 said:
    I think they sound great but agree that the name isn't that good. It reminds me of Vonhatski amps which sounded good but also had a crap name (they could have even gone tits up because haven't seen them advertising for a while)...
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08273276
  • They sound very decent. Had a play through a couple of them in Tuscany a month back. The guy, who makes them, lent a couple to Justin Sandercoe for this year's Tuscany Courses.
  • Sorry to bring up a old thread, anybody in the uk selling these?
  • I know where theres a Mezza Power amp (100w rack unit) going cheap if thats any use =)

• ruomaruoma Frets: 67
    Played a Z18 recently. Very very good amp for the mere 1400€ it costs! Very good string separation, definitely a bit British in sound, snappy, articulate balanced cleans with good dynamics. Not blackface dark, just very balanced. Also very loud though!

But the most stunning thing was: no boxiness at all from a cabinet as tall and deep as a tweed deluxe, but only 3/4 the width!

I discovered these while calling cliff from destroyallguitars in USA to get some info on amps cause he carries lazy j, Louis and benson, which I was looking into lately. He told me the mezzabarba amps are the best in the business at the moment. With all his boutique knowledge, those are pretty strong words, and not a sales pitch since he told me to buy direct from Italy since i’m In Belgium. Ymmv etc of course. 

If if I were to buy a second amp to go along with my j20 I would consider one of these or the new deluxe 64. 
  • Anyone played one of these and have any thoughts? I played a Mezzabarba Skill 30w in Birmingham Guitar Show last year and it blew me away, even amongst all the surrounding noise. It's stuck with me since then, so maybe it's only right that I get one.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • I see t hye have a new moel out now - having just sold a Friedman im in the market too... Hmmmmm

• Yeah I noticed that too. looks good. what made you sell the Friedman?
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • Lack of use to be honest... I work away from home and im tied up with the kids when I get home ;(
    Might have clocked an hour on it a week if I was lucky ... I spend most of my time on guitar rig 5 with a laptop tbh.... Doesnt stop me trying to buy more 100w monsters though lol. 
    Does i tever end? lol
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    These have been building up a rep in the boutique groups for a while. Very soldano inspired on the top of the line models but with an actual dedicated clean channel, separate eq etc etc.

He's releasing an all singing all dancing 3 channel amp at NAMM this year.