SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

For sale again (No Trades): Gibson Les Paul '59

What's Hot
beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
edited March 2014 in Guitars £
Hi guys, I'm advertising this on behalf of a friend.

The blurb...

Gibson 59 Les Paul Reissue in horizon burst, 

Serial number 911849.  

All case candy and certificate.  

6 months old.  

Light use.  

A couple of tiny areas where the nitrocellulose has started to wear, but nothing a camera could pick up on anyway.  £2400.  Cash on collection from York.

I guess that's it.  If anyone is interested, feel free to message me and I can put you in touch.

imageimageimageimageimage
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
    Can someone please educate me on how to post pictures?
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited January 2014
    beed84 said:
    Uplaod them to photobucket or image shack (or most other free photo hosting sites) then simply paste the "direct link" into your post. Refresh the page and it'll be there.
    beed84 said:
    Uplaod them to photobucket or image shack (or most other free photo hosting sites) then simply past the "direct link" into your post. Refresh the page and it'll be there.
    Awesome.  Thank you!
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited January 2014

Might also help if you say where it can be collected from.

Might also help if you say where it can be collected from.

All done.  Thanks!

Bump.

Anyone?
  • I have to admit that I'm not a Gibson expert at all, but is that 'stamped' logo look typical of the reissues? The only Gibson headstocks I've seen have the logo more neatly inset.
    I'm no expert either, but it must be.  I thought the same when I was uploading the photo's.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    victorludorum;136240" said:
    I have to admit that I'm not a Gibson expert at all, but is that 'stamped' logo look typical of the reissues? The only Gibson headstocks I've seen have the logo more neatly inset.
    It's fine.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • I've had a few but never seen a logo like that!!!
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    edited January 2014
    The logo is normal for recent historics(2009 onwards). Depends on the amount of laquer how visible it is. The logo is inlaid and then the holly veneer put over the top so there is quite often a visible line around the logo especially more so on the VOS guitars - less laquer/buffing.

USA standards/traditionals etc have a different material on the headstock and is done as a one piece "overlay" so no outline on the logo. Looks better but not so historically accurate.
  • victorludorum;136240" said:
    I have to admit that I'm not a Gibson expert at all, but is that 'stamped' logo look typical of the reissues? The only Gibson headstocks I've seen have the logo more neatly inset.
    They do it properly on the proper ones. Well as they used to do it....
    Price drop to £2600.
  • That's a good price!
  • TrotterTrotter Frets: 516
    That's silly cheap! Bargain
  • It's be worth getting a weight for it. Even so 2011 reissue for that price is mighty tempting. Anybody want an R8???!!
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5630
    Nothing wrong with the Gibson logo - that's perfectly normal and more noticeable because the light's hitting it in the photo. Great price for an R9.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5058
    It's be worth getting a weight for it. Even so 2011 reissue for that price is mighty tempting. Anybody want an R8???!!
    Weight would be good to know. And although you say '6 months old' I believe it was made in 2011 according to the serial number?
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5630

And although you say '6 months old' I believe it was made in 2011 according to the serial number?
    I just bought a brand-new 2010 Custom Shop SG that had been hanging around for a while...
    Here is what I've been informed.

As for spec - well, it is around the 8.5lb mark though I cannot be certain.  I know this might seem on the light side for a LP, but it is definitely not chambered or weight relieved in any way, it is solid.  LPR9 just don't weigh as much as everyone thinks they do.  It was bought from Andertons in 2013 and according to them, the guitar was built in 2012. 

Also, it is actually 9 months old, not 6.  Sorry to misinform.  Anyone who is interested is more than welcome to try it if they wish. 
    :)