A question about strap locks!

Ello all. 

Thinking of putting a couple of Schaller strap locks on my LTD explorer. 

Is it as simple as unscrewing the OEM ones that came with the guitar and screwing the schallers in? 

I wondered if the screw sizes (width and length) would be different, thus potentially causes problemos for a noob such as myself! 
The only easy day, was yesterday...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/STLOCK1446/guitar-parts/schaller-strap-locks-black

Them the ones I'm referring to by the way! 
    I did wonder if the screws are interchangeable, Ie I could use the screws that have always been in the guitar with the new Schallers? 
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11600
    tFB Trader
    They should be fine

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Cheers bud! 

Shall give em a shot.
  • The straplock ones are usually a bit longer and marginally wider, so that they are slightly bigger than the original holes - you shouldn't have any problem screwing them in but the larger size makes them much less likely to be loose in the pre-used holes.

• Schallers I buy have two sets of screws with one being smaller than the other so you can pick the best size.

I suggest using a bit of candle wax on which ever screw you use just to make sure it goes in easy.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383

I suggest using a bit of candle wax on which ever screw you use just to make sure it goes in easy.
    Soap works as well if you haven't got any candles. 
  • Schallers rattle, wear reasonably quickly and the screws pull out (they are usually narrower than the original).
    Dunlop every time.

My experience is of about a three year max service life for Schallers, well over two decades with Dunlops without a sign of wear
  • J_MacJ_Mac Frets: 17
    ^ +1 ^