Ignore, change of plan! Coodercaster Strat Wiring help?...Please?

paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3057
edited November 2016 in Making & Modding
Ok so Im putting together my take on a Coodercaster, there will be a Mojo Lap Steel Pickup at the bridge and either a single coil or a SC size Humnucker at the neck position, so two pickups.
I understand the design of the Lap pickup is such that it will not work properly if used at the same time as another pickup....

Id like to use a Tele 3 way switch, can someone draw me a diagram that will give, neck with a capacitor, no tone, with the switch forward, like the Eldred mod, neck with tone pot in the middle position and bridge with the second Strat tone pot, with the switch to the back position?

One volume and two tones......

Unless there is a two position switch that will fit in the Strat slot?......

Thanks!
Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paulnb57 said:
    Ok so Im putting together my take on a Coodercaster, there will be a Mojo Lap Steel Pickup at the bridge and either a single coil or a SC size Humnucker at the neck position, so two pickups.

If you use a 3 way switch for a Lap Steel pickup at the bridge, the middle position will have 3 of the poles of the pickup out of phase and the other 3 poles in phase.

But, if you send Mojo Marc a email and ask him about wiring he might be able to sort you a harness where the middle position will have all the 6 Lap Steel poles in phase with the neck pickup. 

I saw Waterslide Guitars, who use Mojos for a lot of their Coodercasters were offering the above. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom