New Guitar Progress

Just wanted to share a photo of my newly stained @GSPBASSES BillyBo.  This is a flamed maple top after just two coats of Crimson Guitars Stunning Stains black mixed 50/50 with water.
http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af151/bexxxhill/Graick%202312T/IMG_3436.jpg

This will be de-nibbed then start on the oiling of it.
Hope you enjoy what you see  :)
Vox 24, Variax 700, Epiphone Dot Studio (Cats Whiskers pups, custom inlay, custom pickguard), Gretsch 5238T (P90s/B3), Gibson Les Paul Zoot (rainbow), Gretsch 5135 PS, 'Graick' G2312TVR, BarileleBo (electric baritone ukulele G6199).
0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Looking good.  It'll look stunning once you've put on the finish coats :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • J_MacJ_Mac Frets: 17
    Nice top man, you build it from scratch?
  • enteeentee Frets: 93
    J_Mac said:Andyjr1515 said:
    Looking good.  It'll look stunning once you've put on the finish coats :)
    It is rather guesswork as to how much stain is needed before applying the oil to deepen and enhance the colours without going too dark initially - my first go too!

J_Mac said:
    Nice top man, you build it from scratch?
    'Tis a @GSPBASSES ;build - I think we all know that top quality that means; I am merely doing the prep, staining, oiling and fitting of the hardware.  It has already been built up to test the wiring and plays lovely - super light in the hand too, as it's chambered.
    Vox 24, Variax 700, Epiphone Dot Studio (Cats Whiskers pups, custom inlay, custom pickguard), Gretsch 5238T (P90s/B3), Gibson Les Paul Zoot (rainbow), Gretsch 5135 PS, 'Graick' G2312TVR, BarileleBo (electric baritone ukulele G6199).
  • entee said:
    It is rather guesswork as to how much stain is needed before applying the oil to deepen and enhance the colours without going too dark initially - my first go 

A quick wipe with a damp cloth (not dripping wet!) will give you a very good idea how much it will darken.
    if it was mine, I wouldn't be applying any more stain than you have here.
  • enteeentee Frets: 93
    entee said:
    It is rather guesswork as to how much stain is needed before applying the oil to deepen and enhance the colours without going too dark initially - my first go 

A quick wipe with a damp cloth (not dripping wet!) will give you a very good idea how much it will darken.
    if it was mine, I wouldn't be applying any more stain than you have here.
    My thoughts exactly - I did wipe it last night and it looks good 'damp', so I'll probably stick with what I have got now :)