NG&LD

What's Hot
HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9684
edited November 2016 in Guitar
Been hankering after a thinline for a bit, and today I bought a G&L ASAT Classic Bluesboy semi-hollow, in blonde.

http://www.glguitars.com/instruments/TributeSeries/guitars/ASAT_Classic_BBSH_new/index.asp

The neck HB gives a very musical smooth tone, whilst the bridge SC isn't quite as aggressive or as bright as a the usual Tele affair. Build quality looks to be excellent, and first impressions are very good.

What was interesting though was that the shop had half a dozen or so G&Ls in stock and it was noticeable that the build quality and playability were quite variable. I'm happy with mine but some of the others really needed a bit of a setup and ten minutes with a screwdriver to sort things out. Something the factory really should have gone some way to sorting.

Will be taking it my local jam night this evening to give it its first outing.
I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    Looks really nice.  Love teles but never been a big fan of the standard neck pickups.  Humbucker or P90 is a better choice I think.  will have to get mine done some day.
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1843
    Hi, where did you get it from? There's not many suppliers of G&L down south as far as I can tell.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9684
    Newtons Music in Merstham. Seemed a good shop, with some nice guitars and friendly staff.
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    edited November 2016
    I had one of these, really good for the price point.  I was less keen on the neck 'bucker though, a touch muddy for my taste.  I seriously recommend a Mojo Wide Range or Oil City Cow-T-Ron in there though, instant epic ness.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1843
    HAL9000 said:
    Newtons Music in Merstham. Seemed a good shop, with some nice guitars and friendly staff.
    Thanks
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    I've played a few of those tribute series guitars and they've all been very good.
    Made to a higher standard than you'd expect for the price.
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    Nice. I have the US equivalent. Great instrument. 
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9684
    edited November 2016
    Just spent 30 minutes this afternoon tweaking the G&L. Intonation was pretty much spot on, just needed one of the saddles to be raised a tad as the high E was noticably closer to the pole pieces than the other strings. Also, slightly raised the bridge pickup and lowered the neck one to get a better balance between the two. Oh, and found that the output jack was on the loose side, so sorted that. Made a good guitar even better