Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Strymon Riverside

What's Hot
RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
edited November 2016 in FX
Interesting mix of analogue and digital. Expensive like all Strymon pedals but it sure sounds good and flexible:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073

"blah blah....organic....blah blah ....gain stage......blah blah JFET...."

Sounds quite good. Mind you, they always do on the vidz

• GassageGassage Frets: 30912
    I like the lower gain tones but when he went to the higain tones, they're not great. The mid scoop sounds were dire

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7324
    *snore*
  • I guess it won't be gracing many FB pedalboards then!

• I'd only consider this if the high gain tones were good. If they were, having the favourite switch as well means it could replace 3 pedals on my board. But I'm not convinced.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    More proof that a single pedal can't handle it all.
  • Has anyone tried one of these yet? I can't fully judge from demos. People on TGP drooling over how good it is...also not the best barometer because...TGP and anything by Strymon.
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    It sounds alright to me. Seems very versatile and would probably work well in a mix.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • From the vids it kinda sounded meh to me. I have no first hand experience, a friend bought it and is in total awe.
    He says it's the best od ever tried and the vids suck. I have no idea tho. 
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2219
    edited December 2016
    I've ordered on from gear4music, arriving tomorrow. Got 30 days refund period if it doesn't work for me. Could be a let down, could replace a load of pedals, who knows...I'll find out tomorrow.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994

I've ordered on from gear4music, arriving tomorrow. Got 30 days refund period if it doesn't work for me. Could be a let down, could replace a load of pedals, who know...I've find out tomorrow.
    what's it up against?
    edited December 2016
    sgosden said:

I've ordered on from gear4music, arriving tomorrow. Got 30 days refund period if it doesn't work for me. Could be a let down, could replace a load of pedals, who know...I'll find out tomorrow.
    what's it up against?

Wampler Tumnus; JHS Kilt (which I'm selling anyway); I've recently bought a Friedman OD for high gain but I can't see that going; and I have a Frazz Dazzler fuzz.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I'm very tempted (although I'm still debating between a therapy veteran, kot and la grange for my next drive pedal).

This video looks great - the amount of control they have managed to fit into one box is very impressive.

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Sounds a bit tinny to me 
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5161
    I wasn't overly impressed  :/
  • Great features and usability. However I agree with some of the above comments in it just doesn't really does anything for me sound wise :(
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Sounds really good to me.
    I'd have to try one to be sure, but it seems to be well voiced, very versatile and has plenty of useful features. There's the on-board Noise Reduction and ability to chose Buffered or True Bypass, the Boost and the Favourite setting.
    Sounds like the kind of drive that works really well into an amp at live gigging scenarios.
    If I was looking for a drive pedal, I would definitely have this on my 'must try' list. Kudos to them for really thinking about it and not just releasing another drive.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It arrived today, so trying it out tonight. Could be the answer to all my drive prayers or a let-down...or somewhere in between. Report back to follow.
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    I've picked up an elektron analog drive. Similar concept so will let you know how that goes. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2016
    Well, I've been able to play around with the Riverside at a decent volume on the amp...

All I'll say is you have try one. Really. It is so much better than the impression given in the demos. It works with the amp so incredibly well at low and high gain. 

I don't want to part with any of these.

https://imgur.com/gallery/eVyeR