Dolly Parton 68 today !!

What's Hot
koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4137
edited January 2014 in Music

sends herself up all the time, but a very shrewd and talented lady. great songwriter.

Anyway happy Birthday Dolly !

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy100/zachdunc18/Dolly/Dolly_Porter13.jpg

how I remember her with Porter Wagoner, don`t even recognise her now after so many jobs done !

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• She's been a 68 for years hasn't she?

Fnar Fnar ;)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10692
    Headlining glasto this year isn't she?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • viz said:
    Headlining glasto this year isn't she?

That would be amazing although Id still not go. BBC4 occationally shows a live gig from a few years ago and it looked brilliant. Fun, rocking and full of women and men in pink boas.
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
    edited January 2014
    If she'd never done anything else with her life she'd still rate boundless respect from me for the Imagination Library project...

http://www.imaginationlibrary.com/  

...however she's also a talented songwriter (I'm not fond of Country music generally but I know quality when I hear it..), a shrewd, succesful business woman, has pretty well kept an entire Town alive (with her Dollywood theme park), and is a very, very funny lady. 

So yes, a very happy birthday to her from me too!
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188

The 'Best Little Whorehouse In Texas' had a big influence on me in my younger days. And I've carried a perversion for top heavy blondes ever since.

She's alreet in my book

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    An astute and clever lady (stacked too) who deserves her fame and fortune. Mad as a box of frogs though and ever so eccentric.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17608
    tFB Trader
    One of the best songwriters who ever lived. 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    Bellycaster;137848" said:
    She's been a 68 for years hasn't she?

Fnar Fnar ;)
    You won't catch her doing 69.

Fnarr fnarr ;)
  • She is a great slide guitar player, I also think she is pretty sexy to be fair.
    Old Is Gold
  • She is a great slide guitar player, I also think she is pretty sexy to be fair.

Slide guitar ? Sexy ? Your thinking of Bonnie Raitt
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72325
    She doesn't play slide as far as I know, but she *does* play in an open chord tuning - it's the only way she can with the fingernails she has!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Slide guitar ? Sexy ? Your thinking of Bonnie Raitt
    Sorry I was recalling and old memory incorrectly I meant to say Mountain Dulcimer, and she is pretty sexy.
    Old Is Gold