Stringbusters - any news? Yes, and it's good

What's Hot
TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
edited December 2016 in Guitar
Is the guy behind Stringbusters on his hols, off ill or is something else happening?

I ask because last week, I ordered a couple of packs of 12-strings. Every single time I have ordered from Stringbusters in the past, my order has flopped through the letterbox within 24 hours. No exceptions. Always been happy to deal with them, terrific service, happy to recommend them.

This time, all I got was an order confirmation. I sent a polite email a couple of days ago asking if there was a reason for the delay - genuinely polite, I've never had any trouble before, no point in starting any now - and I haven't had a reply to that either.

If he's ill or on his hols, fair enough, I'll wait till he gets back, but the radio silence is a bit worrying.

Does anyone know any more?
If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7036
    tFB Trader
    There's a phone number on the site http://www.stringbusters.com/aboutus.asp
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
    edited December 2016
    Ah, thanks, hadn't spotted that, I went straight for email.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Indefinite holiday in Rio with your funds?
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Sassafras I'm sure it's a tempting prospect, but I doubt he'd get a sandwich on the plane over with 24 quid.

@SteveRobinson Tried the phone number, no answer. Hmmm...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7036
    tFB Trader
    Hmmm...
  • BowksBowks Frets: 414
  • TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
    edited December 2016
    @Bowks Hey Rich! Haven't seen you round these parts before. Hope you're well.

Anywho, yes, they do have a Faceache page, but the last entry was October 6, though as their previous posts were September 27 and 6 July, I'm not sure the gap means all that much.
  • I used to use Stringbusters a lot - before they relocated. After relocation, my experience was that they may not have been quite as sharp on service as they'd once been (but that could have just been my experience of them). Did they change management / ownership as well?

I'd be interested to know if they're still in business. Used to offer good prices and good service... so would be good to use them again.

• BowksBowks Frets: 414
    @Bowks Hey Rich! Haven't seen you round these parts before. Hope you're well.

Anywho, yes, they do have a Faceache page, but the last entry was October 6, though as their previous posts were September 27 and 6 July, I'm not sure the gap means all that much.
    Hello @TheOtherDennis, which Dennis are you?!

I lurk here, but I probably shouldn't.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    @Bowks @TheOtherDennis is the original Dennis from Intermusic. :)
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    It is an odd one - I just called them, but only got voice-mail.  Me thinks something must have happened there. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • I ordered a load of strings before a gig recently...would've been late October/early November as the gig was on 12th Nov. They arrived fine and quickly as usual, so a bit weird. 
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Just sent me some as well. 
  • I called them yesterday afternoon and the chap who answered the phone was as surprised as me (although he did say that he'd some packs returned after the post office opened them to find a return address cos the postage label had come off). He promised he'd sent them out on Friday, but they still haven't arrived, so because he'd only got one set left, he sent me those with a promise to send me another pack when more stock comes in next week. The first replacement pack arrived this morning.

So clearly still up and running and doing their best to keep customers happy, which is good news. :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28369
    That's a relief. I've not used them in a while but Norm was a champ.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Indeed, that's why I was so surprised and potentially worried, cos that would have been so unlike him, but fortunately, it seems I was making 5 out of two 2s and all appears to be well.
  • Are they generally good? I only placed my first order a few weeks ago and it all went to cock. I had the money (70-odd quid I think) taken from my card, then no strings arrived. Emailed...no answer. Emailed again some days later to cancel my order and they answered that email and cancelled it! I know that mistakes and glitches happen, but I didn't have a good feeling about it all and I had gigs to play! Strings Direct sorted me out in double quick time as ever. Just bad luck?
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Are they generally good?... Just bad luck?
    Yep, they're good.  I've shopped with them for years.  My typical order is over £100's worth of strings at a time and stringbusters despatch them double quick time.  They often have offers on too.
    The only stuff up was sending me the wrong capo and saying they'd sort it out and they didn't.  As it happens in the meantime I'd got to like the wrong capo.  But that was just luck.
  • same, they're normally very good and prompt; I've used them for ages. I did some work for Norm years ago and he's a sound chap too.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    That's a relief - was genuinely concerned simply in case anyone was ill or there had been a bereavement.  ;)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)