Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Bag?

What's Hot
BidleyBidley Frets: 2933
What does everybody use for carting all their spare cables, tools, pedals and other odds and sods around in for gigs? I need something I can fit a Hercules stand in as well...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    Sports bag.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    edited January 2014
    and old "engineers PCB case"  (well two to be precise)
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited January 2014

An old rucksack for stands and 4 ways, a silver tool case thingy for leads and odds and sods.

Would be good to get one thing for everything, but my neatly coiled cables always end up snagging aroung the stands if I put it all in the rucksack.

• vizviz Frets: 10710
    Cheap, large plastic toolboxes from B&Q
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • I used to use one of these type things -

http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/tool-storage-workbenches/tool-boxes/tool_boxes/Stanley-Pro-Mobile-Tool-Chest-11797501?skuId=12308207

Now my wife carries her own gear bag so I can usually fit any extras in there.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    A woefully inadequate canvas shoulder strap jobby. A right old state inside it is.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Tool box, one of those aluminium look briefcase sized one. Fits a bunch of pedals, and enough cables/patch leads to cover most eventualities (provided the pedals are off-board)

I keep one at home with any guitar related spares (Strings, springs, tools)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• vizviz Frets: 10710

I used to use one of these type things -

http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/tool-storage-workbenches/tool-boxes/tool_boxes/Stanley-Pro-Mobile-Tool-Chest-11797501?skuId=12308207

Now my wife carries her own gear bag so I can usually fit any extras in there.

Exactly, I basically use the B&Q version of that (the toolbox, not RHC's wife).
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Sports bag here too - in fact, I made my pedalboard specifically so that it fits in the bag with all my leads. Makes life much easier :)
    <space for hire>
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7962
    edited January 2014
    'Really Useful Box' boxes are what we use.  They're fairly cheap, plastic, stackable (if you stick to multiples of the same size) and are fairly sturdy.
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    I always used those aluminium briefcases but I treated myself to one of these in the sales -
    www.spider-engineering.co.uk/industry/product.asp?item=boschma-utility-briefcase-flight-case-8137-9453
    • A hard case originally made for a 3U rackmount job. I keep a "minimum kit" of 3 coax leads, 1 speaker lead, a mains lead, a foldup guitar stand, a music stand, etc in there
    • An ex-army ammunition box with DI boxes, loads of all kinds of leads, mains extenders, roll of gaffa tape etc
    The former for where I know where I'm going and that I'm only going to need what's in there

The latter for when I suspect that "anything" could be required of me.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • I use a Cornish Real Nappy Project hessian bag - everybody should have one :)

It fits perfectly in the gap at the end of my sports bag/holdall (£10 from a well known supermarket) with my amp, and contains all my leads, pedals (I only use a couple) socket tester etc...  It really couldn't fit better if I'd had it custom made.

Seriously though, the cheap sports bag thing is holding up really well after a year or so of use.  My amp and the other bits I keep in there are pretty heavy and it's not showing any signs of seams giving way or anything yet.  Gets taken out on average once a week I suppose for rehearsals or gigs.  I expected it to fall apart quickly and have to get something better, but it's looking like it'll last me a good bit longer at this rate.  Wouldn't be durable enough for a professional probably, but for this amateur playing out a few times a month it's perfect.

• Army & Navy surplus shop - strong strong holdall type thing for cheap
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    For gigs, I have a tough little holdall  (bought on ebay with a prs label (fanboy confession), and a studiospares mic stand carry bag - I can fit my mic stand a two fold up guitar stands in it.  For rehearsing, my mini pedal board and cables all fit in a b&q aluminium toolbox/briefcase.
    All my PA leads are in a smallish suitcase with pullout handle and wheels.

I try to have seperate bags with what I need and some spares ready to go so I don't have to lug too much or risk missing something depending on the gig/band.

For a few years I used a couple of cooler bags I got free from sainsburys - lasted quite well and the square shape made them quite handy.

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33819
    I use the smaller of two green canvas army bags that I have,
    The other one is used for disposing of body parts.
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    edited January 2014
    In my gig bag. Amazing thing from Protection racket. Fits a guitar stand, music file, cables, spare tuner, strings and other odd bits. Then I'll have a hand for my pedaltrain and my amp in the other and I'll wedge my music stand in either hand. 

Wish I had a car.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27156
    Toolbag. Hard base but lightweight and has a shoulder strap so you can carry it and a guitar and amp all at once.

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Ikea "take home carrier" bag:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/images/products/frakta-carrier-bag-large__79087_PE202617_S4.jpg

I hear Chuck Norris uses the same thing, but in yellow...
  • Bag?  I just get the team of roadies to carry it all.  I don't even know what half of it is.

/in my dreams