Recommend me pickups for my Fender Pawnshop 51

I have a Fender Pawnshop 51, I love the feel of the guitar but have never been able to get the sound I want from it. The pickups it comes with are a Texas Special singlecoil in the neck and an Enforcer in the bridge. You can hear how the guitar sounds here:

I'd like some recommendations on whether it's worth swapping the pickups out and if so which pickups I should consider getting.

I mainly play clean and my amps are a Blues Jr and an AC30. Whenever I record with this guitar the results are always (to my ears) quite harsh not particularly smooth. My other guitars are a Les Paul and a Jazzmaster and I love the sound of those guitars, I know the 51 isn't like either of those but anything that would get me more of a mellow, smoother sound would be great.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It's a little bit in the nature of it to be a bit bright ( bolt on neck, maple neck, no tone knob) but I didn't like the Enforcer in mine very much. The Texas Special is pretty high output for a single coil as well ( much more than the Fender 57/62's in my strat). 
    I've changed my bridge to an Oil City Cow T Ron, so it's like a Gretsch Filter Tron but standard humbucker sized. To be honest it's for the look as much as anything but it's a more open tone. Ideally I'd have something more vintage in the neck to match. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom