SG refin

Mate's just bought a Gibson SG special (1999) I think. Someone's had stickers on, and it's a lot whiter where the stickers were. There also appears to be some cracking in the finish, where the edge of one of the stickers was.. Ideas, as regards evening out the uneven colour, and maybe refin options for where the finish is cracked..?? Not worried about affecting resale, particularly, as it's not a particularly desirable guitar, in the scheme of things... He's got a mate who can probably sort him, but i'm kinda curious as to what the options are..
 so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    T-cut?
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    edited January 2014
    Agree with @impmann  A couple of applications of T-cut will soften the difference in shade if nothing else.  If he then leaves it, the whiter bits will yellow up soon enough!
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16737
    yeah, its what i would try firs.  had really good results on white gibsons before
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Thanks, chaps!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.