NGD - Ibanez AELFF10-NT

EreforGuitarGearEreforGuitarGear Frets: 70
edited December 2016 in Acoustics
Recently taken delivery of ibanez's new(ish) fan fret acoustic... wanted to see if multi-scale/fan frets were for me. Certainly got a few funny looks at an open mic last night. The tuner is just a bit better than useless... no mid control on the pre amp either... I'm going to have to play it for some time... definitely very tight sounding (obviously brand new) and therefore has almost a nasal tone to it (might be due to the 'thin' body). I think for the money it's a cracking guitar and does offer something different albeit a bit quirky. Hopefully through use it will open up (maybe some different strings)... fun times ahead.

http://imgur.com/CZ6lDy6
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• What a difference an o-port makes... I thought they were a bit of magic snake oil... fitted one today. Sounds much better.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835

That does look a bit of a strange one. How do you get on playing barre chords in the low register?

I had no idea that Ibanez produced acoustics.

• If I'm honest it seems to play just like a normal acoustic... The F barre chord is not the easiest to play,  sometimes my index finger touches the fret or sneaks into the 2nd fret but I'm getting more used to the stretch for that. A few of the people at the open mics I attend have had a play and say that they are surprised at how easy it is to play.