Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Before I go and spend £300...

What's Hot

Comments

• Along the Morning Glory vein I'd look at a Snouse Blackbox. It just so happens I have one for sale ;)

I'm only selling as I have two! I absolutely can't say enough about it; and stacking it with an Archer sounds awesome - the Tumnus will probably be even better.
    Very good shout this...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Along the Morning Glory vein I'd look at a Snouse Blackbox. It just so happens I have one for sale ;)

I'm only selling as I have two! I absolutely can't say enough about it; and stacking it with an Archer sounds awesome - the Tumnus will probably be even better.
    Very good shout this...

Excellent shout, I'd say.

What about an OCD?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The OCD is awesome! 

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7860
    Mad Professor Sweet Honey (or cheap option, Joyo Sweet Baby).  Both great low to mid gain pedals, that stack beautifully. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Pork Loin stacks very well with pedals that are a bit lacking in bass.
  • For my tastes an OCD is a little too gainy for stacking. But then again I really can't comment as I have a real distaste for FET based drives. Although the OCD is probably my favourite and the only one I'd buy again.
  • For my tastes an OCD is a little too gainy for stacking. But then again I really can't comment as I have a real distaste for FET based drives. Although the OCD is probably my favourite and the only one I'd buy again.

So better to stack the Tumnus with an OD with less gain?
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    I run the OCD on 18V.  Gives it more dynamics and headroom.  I don't have a Klone but it does stack well with a TS style pedal.
  • crunchman said:
    I run the OCD on 18V.  Gives it more dynamics and headroom.  I don't have a Klone but it does stack well with a TS style pedal.

The 18V input is taken up with the Elements (which I'm using as a Cleanness/EQ...or insane fuzz if I feel like it).
  • leerockerleerocker Frets: 607
    edited December 2016

seriously consider this http://www.fairdealmusic.co.uk/budda-zenman-overdrive-pedal.html

i bought one on a whim and sounds really good and for 50 quid you cant go wrong, its beaten away a lot of drives i have compared it to, also the ocd is great too.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    crunchman said:

The 18V input is taken up with the Elements (which I'm using as a Cleanness/EQ...or insane fuzz if I feel like it).
    I use it on a 9V output with one of these:

http://www.diago.co.uk/adaptors/18v.html

• Wee bump for this thread...

I love the Tumnus so much, and would prefer it stacked in front of another OD for medium gain sounds. Basically I'd like the sound of a Tumnus but with more gain.

So any more suggestions for the other OD?
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I use a Suhr Dual Boost or Koko Reloaded in front of mine... might get you where you want to be.
  • simonk said:
    I use a Suhr Dual Boost or Koko Reloaded in front of mine... might get you where you want to be.
    So a low gain boost/OD would be all that's needed to push the Tumnus to medium gain? The Morning Glory was suggested as well.
  • @BintyTwanger77 Timmy. Honestly! :-)

Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • What about a Fairfield Barbershop? ;)
  • ewalewal Frets: 2583
    For my tastes an OCD is a little too gainy for stacking. But then again I really can't comment as I have a real distaste for FET based drives. Although the OCD is probably my favourite and the only one I'd buy again.
    I stack a Joyo Ultimate Drive (OCD) clone on top of a Rat - works for me - definitely not too fizzy and plenty of definition as long as you keep the gain down on the Rat
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • Nobels odr-1 ;-)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I really wish I could enjoy the Ultimate Drive but I found it hissy, fizzy and really impacting my tone in a negative way.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    simonk said:
    So a low gain boost/OD would be all that's needed to push the Tumnus to medium gain? The Morning Glory was suggested as well.
    That's the setup I was using last night: Suhr Dual Boost > Tumnus > KOT. Worked great.