Ariel Posen Playing a set of Deacci ST-56 Single Coils

What's Hot
deaccideacci Frets: 41
edited December 2016 in Made in the UK
Enjoy, this is less about a product demo and more about some fantastic playing from Ariel, this was improvised and done in one take with a unfamiliar guitar with way too low action for slide. Total professional.

http://deacci.com/ariel-posen-st56-strat-single-coils/
Declan Larkin  |  Deacci Guitar Pickups
www.deacci.com  |  +44 7799 417775
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    edited January 2017
    Genuine question for this forum, of which I've been a member of, since Emp invited me in 2013 (thanks Emp) and also whatever time I had on M Radar before, 

Ariel is living in Ireland currently, so I've been lucky to sit in the room while he did his thing / playing beautiful tasty lines and gorgeous slide, often in standard tuning, at impossibly low actions / as evidenced here.

So tell me Fretboarders - what is the reason that not one of you thought to even comment on the clip above? Is it not worthy of comment to any of you? 

Tell me what I'm missing here - I beseech thee. Not one of the other 'Made in... ' threads has received a zero comment so colour me seriously interested. 

Seemed like a good idea.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    I guess that's because the viewing figures are low.
    1. The thread has had very few views (57 at the time of writing, and some of those may have been bots). It's likely that many viewers did not want or weren't able to play a video at the time they clicked on the thread.
    2. The video is posted as a link, rather than embedded, and people are less likely to follow a link than run an embedded video.
    3. It's slide playing, and not everyone is interested in that.
    4. Forum usage is low at this time of year.
    Multiply that all out, and you get very few views by interested people. 

I looked at it and thought "that's interesting. I'd like to try a thimble slide"
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    Roland 

Thank you man you are a gent - I genuinely love the advice & banter here & just thought it a tad 'strange' re the lack of responses to whom I consider one of the tastiest guitar players of late, abided by the fact he can slide on an Ibanez RG 

• WezVWezV Frets: 16671
    edited January 2017
    an embedded video may have gotten more responses than a link to  makers website... but generally this is a quieter area of the forum anyway

This is a relatively new thread but if you look at the quality of some of the content in the skelf/ACG threads or stormshadow ones you will see they also receive very few comments compared the the quality of the material they post.  Compare that to a feline or thorpy thread in this section and you will see each post gets much more response.  Seems to me this is directly proportional to the amount they contribute to other areas of the forum.

there is no criticism intended in the above.

A thread about the player in a different area of the forum may receive more responses.  This section is generally about the products

or look at it another way, you are a fan so probably more invested than many others on the forum.  Why didn't you respond with an on topic comment?  Was it not worthy of comment for you?
    Thanks for your input @Wezv - I was present at the recording of the clip & spent an enjoyable day conversing with Ariel about his music, gear, technique & life in general.

This to me should have no bearing on any comments on the clip here on FB.

Ariel has done clips with the That Pedal Show guys & Andertons so he's no stranger to your shores - I was just disappointed I guess with the lack of even a grunt here - is there an elephant in the room? Do tell if so...

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6136
    edited January 2017 tFB Trader
    citizen68 said:
    Thanks for your input @Wezv - I was present at the recording of the clip & spent an enjoyable day conversing with Ariel about his music, gear, technique & life in general.

This to me should have no bearing on any comments on the clip here on FB.

Ariel has done clips with the That Pedal Show guys & Andertons so he's no stranger to your shores - I was just disappointed I guess with the lack of even a grunt here - is there an elephant in the room? Do tell if so...
    I am a big fan of Ariel, his playing is incredible and he is a really top bloke to do business with too. The pickups sound incredible and i know he uses a peacekeeper one of the deacci demos which is always nice to see

I know that this part of the forum can be quite quiet, however please don't be deterred from posting here, its always nice to see the Made in UK section growing.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    Cheers Adrian! I'm still deciding between a Gunshot & a Warthog here myself- I have a nice HiWatt Custom50 Bulldog hopefully incoming so what would you recommend to go nicely with that? It'll be a very small pedal setup for the combo to be as grab & go as possible - tuner, vibe, Thorpy, & analogue delay.

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6136
    tFB Trader
    citizen68 said:
    Cheers Adrian! I'm still deciding between a Gunshot & a Warthog here myself- I have a nice HiWatt Custom50 Bulldog hopefully incoming so what would you recommend to go nicely with that? It'll be a very small pedal setup for the combo to be as grab & go as possible - tuner, vibe, Thorpy, & analogue delay.
    I'll pm you so as not to derail.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    edited January 2017
    I didn't look as I have never hear of her D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Lol'd for the craic - yes Ariel is based outside the Midlands so your reasoning holds water ;)

• StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    @citizen68 hahaha touche sir touche. 
    edited January 2017
    Ta muchly sir ))

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    I agree with the comments about embedding the video , and also that this section gets way less responses than others even if it gets a lot of views.
    Sometimes I post stuff and it takes a while to get any response - even to th point I wonder momentarily if I have misjudged my audience.

It is also affected by how franticly busy have ben this holiday season - seems to have flown by....
    Of course it helps to be a regular contributor to the rest of the forum , for as well as good advice (if you are a maker or repairer of stuff) you also build a bit of a repartee with the other users and they are more interested in what you have to say if they find you a good guy generally.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

Thanks @FelineGuitars - comment on video embedding duly noted.

It's good to be very busy at this (& all other)  times of year no doubt. Trouble is for builders they have to build  & engage with their customer base simultaneously - not always easy.

Having seen Declan at Deacci bending over backwards, often at his own time & expense to ensure his customers are happy, he is definitely one of the good guys - anyone that has dealt with him I have no doubts that they will verify this.

As always - appreciate the banter & advice - just for future reference - where is the best section to post more clips?

Thanks

Kieran