Amp USB (or line out) to iPad?

What's Hot
i have tried really hard to find the answer to this one!
my amp has USB and a line out. I get that I can connect either of those to my computer for recording.  

But how do I connect to my iPad?   E.g.
Guitar -> amp -> iPad -> garage band

thanks. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You'd have to go line-out into an iPad recording interface.  I've never yet heard of a USB equipped amp that would talk to anything apart from a PC.
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    If it is class compliant it should be picked up by an iPad using the apple camera connection kit thingy. 
  • www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    edited December 2016
    Alesis io dock 2, £140 ish.

Connect your guitars, mics and has midi input for keyboards.

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1633

Yes, you need some extra kit twixt AI and pad. I had a tablet and was heartily hissed off when I found I could not use any USB device on it ( I CAN use a USB keyboard on my TELLLY and a CCTV recorder FCS but NOT a fekkin' tablet!) .

This is all to do with money of course! Intel or some other body own the "rights" to the USB protocol and they don't care that it fks OUR world up!

Dave.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    I have one of these - about 50% of the time it throws up an error message saying the device is not supported. I then have to restart the iPad. If this is going to be problematic for you it might be better to splash the cash on a genuine Apple outrageously expensive one. On the other hand, for that price, it's worth a shot?