NVAD Silvertone Content

wayneiriewayneirie Frets: 419
edited December 2016 in Amps
new vintage amp day today silver tone 1481 considering it's 50 years old at least it's in pretty mint condition. Can't fire it up just yet as I need a new converter. In the mean time a couple of quick iPhone pics. Basically a poor mans champ. good deal as well.

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/wayne_irie/23BD37B2-7385-425F-9350-615E01B04F8E.jpg
http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/wayne_irie/9294DDD2-B758-43A4-8283-92E1318E60A8.jpg

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Love the look of those old amps.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh wow, oh wow
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    Congrats man!!  Was that the one off eBay recently?  Was tempted by  that one myself
  • Yeah thats the one, I'm going to use it cranked with my ac15 set cleanish at the same time should hopefully be pretty sweet. It really is in great condition considering its age theres no tears to the tolex and everything looks original. Its been recapped and had the death cap removed. So hopefully its got another 50 or so years in it!
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    I was watching that.

Nice score. I've owned a couple of these and its bigger brother - apart from slightly cheap cabinet build, they are great amps. One I had used to rattle a lot inside the chassis somewhere - I never got to the bottom of the issue, but it was most probably a cable rattling against the chassis in sympathy with certain frequencies, it was annoying though!

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• Cool. I was lusting after a Silvertone on eBay a couple of months back. Very groovy things they are. Enjoy!
  • In the tradition of miracles at this time of year, My converter arrived today. Mercifully there seems to be no cab rattle, even with a russian Muff and guitar tuned to open g. Its pretty lo-fi sounding in a good way. Cleans are very nice, Tele with naga viper pushing it is probably my favourite sound so far. I have more fuzzes to try into it....