Warm neck pickup Trebly bridge, how to balance the sound?

2»

Comments

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Heres a scan of the MOJO wiring instructions..... all I has to do was solder the pickup connections, pots and jumpers were already done.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii21/paulnb57/IMG_20161226_0001_zpsq081r3d2.jpg

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    /\ /\ That's really interesting and explains why the Mojo harness uses a Superswitch, which they wouldn't have done if not necessary. There a several ways of skinning a cat but it does seem in your case that a neck p/u change to lower-wind P90 or maybe a gold foil could be the solution. It avoids dumping the Mojo harness, and selling the present P90 will offset some of the cost of a new neck p/u.
  • Ah I see, one thought though, do you like sound with both pickups on? If not because the balance is wrong, wire them so it's neck only, bridge only and bridge through a cap to tame it?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    From that, it looks like if you disconnect the tone control from the volume pot and connect it to terminal A, E or F (these are jumpered together), it will work as you want.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

edited December 2016
    Thanks for all the replied and thoughts folks

The P90 was in stock anyway and I also have a Tele neck pickup in the parts box............I'll try @ICBM suggestion first.......

If I bin the MOJO harness I will only really lose the Superswitch, the rest will be reused...........

Watch this space.......
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

No, don't bin the harness! You need that to get the proper switching.

I also forgot to say - moving the tone control to E/F will give you the tone control working in the middle position as well as the bridge. If you want it *only* in the bridge position, move it to M instead.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

@ICBM cheers!

@ICBM all sorted tried connecting just the bridge to the tone, which worked very well, but then changed it to work on bridge and middle, superb, couldn't be better, many, many thanks for your continued help and advice, it's folk like you that make this place what it is....awesome!

Did I say, thanks?!

edited December 2016
    While the iron was hot I swapped the P90 fpr. standard Tele neck pickup and I'm pretty sure this how it will stay,  The Tele pickup suits the character of the instrument more than the P90...Neck position with no tone, Tone on the Middle and Bridge positions. I'm a happy chappy!...

• Glad you got a good result, the P90 will always sell as they are great pickups. 
    @koneguitarist thanks for your suggestions also!

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    Nice when a problem has a satisfactory solution :)
    Excellent, glad to have helped :).