Super chuffed - Kabl Multi-core all the way!

What's Hot
After a post on this board about my Runt's noisy FX loop I found it to be the cumulative affect of a number of factors:

- A high level of presence
- Having the 'echo' set high on my DM-2w which adds noise to the echoes
- Typically playing with single coils
- Having terrible, terrible cables.

The latter was all the more disturbing that I could move my FX loop cables and hear static and them dragging around the floor through the guitar amp itself - moving them would introduce and remove noise (above and beyond the low level hiss expected).

With some high praise on the forum, I decided to go with "kabl" @RobDavies. I have a cable from my gain pedals into the front of my amp, a cable from my FX send, a cable back into the FX return and a foot switch - it was a real rats nest. Rob made me up a four-core cable with colour coded neutrik jacks - it's all a single cable (around 2x as thick as a cheap instrument cable) until the last 18" on each end, where I have four thinner cables with the jacks on the outside. Green from my OD to front of the head, Yellow FX send, Red FX return and Blue for my foot switch. On the pedalboard side it's all underneath the board and on the head I've used a little velcro fastener to bundle the cables around the back.

It's completely noise free (as one would expect) and I can shove my pedalboard around without various cables catching on corners, no disparate lengths. Of course, it also looks ALOT neater which scores me points with the missus.

Overall, would definitely buy again (although I can't foresee having a need to - this looks like it could withstand a war).
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    Have you got some pics of it all set up?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • William WilliamsonWilliam Williamson Frets: 107
    edited December 2016
    @danR just snapped a pic.

I think I could have gone shorter on the ends, but I wanted to make sure I could use this same cable across bigger boards, different heads with odd socket positions, etc.:

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    That looks very neat, I'm gonna have a look at that for my rats nest.
  • Yep, I deliberately didn't shuffle anything to make it look nicer. I could put a glamour shot up but figured 'in the wild' was more appropriate for the discussion. Rob is a really nice chap, did me a good deal and it's a wonderful quality product. I hadn't even twigged that multi-core was an option but he suggested when I talked about bundling them in a wrap.
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
    Hmm...

I think I'm going to have to have a chat with Rob about this...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • Can I ask what is supporting the weight of the cable at the amp end?  

In the large photo above it sort of looks like the lead to the fx return (the yellow one) is being pulled on a little?
  • @clarkefan  the cable is very sturdy as well as being light - so while technically yes, I've just got it hanging off the tautness of the yellow socketed cable, there's no danger of it stressing the connector at all as the cumulative (again, twice in one thread?) weight is very low.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    Ooooh this could be a good alternative to the 12ft diameter snake I made myself!