Oooooh

What's Hot
UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12900
This looks good. Ridiculously priced, but damn I want it. 

http://www.aedrecords.com/collections/new-releases/products/the-bum

Although I suspect that the JTB that @juansolo made me is probably 99% as good. Still,  a precise copy of Edwyn's original? Yes please! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    That's definitely Ooooh!

I hope they bring out a mini version

;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I seem to remember Thorpy selling one of his clones of this on ebay before he became an established pedal maker in his own right.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I think they were originally called "the Champion" or "Champ" back in days of yore.
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Ours is a clone of a 76 Jumbo Tonebender that passed through our mitts. The B&M Fuzz Unit is only two parts different, so we stuck them on a switch. The only other thing really to make it more accurate is to use the gain levels that are in the same sort of range of the B&M, which were measured back in the day. It makes a slight difference, and I've made one that way for someone who requested it. Though we tend to bias ours towards the JTB in that respect as I prefer the sound of it. The B&M is just a little more scooped in the mids in comparison.
  • The Edwin tone was an overdriven mixing desk ... I distinctly remeber that from an interview with future music back in the 90s. 

DI'd I think too ...

Anyway ...
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6134
    tFB Trader
    Sassafras said:
    I seem to remember Thorpy selling one of his clones of this on ebay before he became an established pedal maker in his own right.
    Bloody good memory!  And it's a circuit I really liked too. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    The Edwin tone was an overdriven mixing desk ... I distinctly remeber that from an interview with future music back in the 90s. 

DI'd I think too ...

Anyway ...
    Live it was the B&M through his Fender Twin with one speaker missing.
    Trust me... I saw him live from the front row doing this.

I have one of @juansolo clones of the JTB & B&M fuzz - they are both epic sounds. It's one of my fave fuzz boxes.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I had a lend of one years ago and used to gig it into a mkii Super lead into a tall 4x12 into small country pubs.
    Ah!!! The ignorance of it all =) Sounded monstrous =)
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life