PRS SAS - So funny

What's Hot
Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2378
This guys ad made me chuckle....it buzzes,it needs a refret and it has marks but still he wants more than a new PRS for it. Looks like £800. He must have had a few people contacting him think he had listed the price wrong too! 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USA-PRS-Swamp-Ash-Guitar-with-Prs-Hardcase-/122283356873?hash=item1c78a7f2c9:g:jlgAAOSwHoFXvb0-
4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    "No longer manufactured, hence collectable"
    Yes, of course.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    edited December 2016
    Swamp ash specials are great guitars but have never been popular.  I've seen these fail to sell at £800 he'll never get close to that price.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    You just have to love a blagger ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    For any Terry Pratchett Fans, that reads like it was written by 'Cut-my-own-throat Dibbler' !
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:
    "No longer manufactured, hence collectable"
    Yes, of course.
    "No longer manufactured" - they could not sell the ugly things in the first place..
    "hence Collectable" - see if that works for my Phillips 2000 video player 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    At least he's happy to keep it, as that's exactly what he's going to do at that price.

• ElwoodElwood Frets: 454
    With that price it'll get a lot of views. I am sure he will think that it's a sure fire sell.
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 454
    It's serial number also doesn't match the PRS Website: https://www.prsguitars.com/csc/year.html

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    frictionfraction said:

"No longer manufactured" - they could not sell the ugly things in the first place..
    I think they would have been a lot more successful if they hadn't fitted that f-ugly, bad-sounding Seymour Duncan rail thing in the middle - and preferably if they'd made the cut-out the right way round too, although that's by far the lesser of the problems.

I've fitted a couple of these with normal decent-quality Strat pickups in the middle, and one with much better switching options than the standard - using the toggle and stock push-pull for the normal splittable humbucker arrangement, and an extra push-pull to add the middle pickup - and they were much better for it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7326
    Wish I'd bought a swamp ash special. Got a CE24 with a maple fretboard and thats really cool.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I like the SAS the most of my PRS; I have had switching altered as @ICBM knows! Feel it is one of PRS under rated guitars a,lthough disagree with those who claim that it has gibson and Fender tones.  Yes there are humbucking options but these are like a rich Fender tone rather than anything Gibson.  Great guitar

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Is it my imagination, or has he just put the price up by another £400? I'm sure it was "only" £3295 earlier…

Given the condition of it it's probably close to three grand overpriced now.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Richardj said:
    At least he's happy to keep it, as that's exactly what he's going to do at that price.

He mentions twice the he's happy to keep this value appreciating guitar, so keep it then.

And does anyone really trust anyone who says "whammy bar"?
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2378
    Wow, its appreciating faster than a classic Aston Martin....that's £400 today! Maybe the seller is a member here, well thanks for the Boxing Day entertainment anyway! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Sounds more like an idiot than a blagger.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

@Alnico I disagree, even CMOTD has a better grasp of English than this chap. :lol: It would sound like sales patter if it didn't look so much like a wind-up.

The text really needs preserving for when the eBay ad goes offline: 

Collection in person only
    Usa Paul Reed Smith Swamp Ash, Maple neck , serial number is 7 SA00398. Complete with Prs Hardcase. Sorry no prs tag it is 20 years old and had several gigging owners. Some fret buzz, could use a part refret
    Yes it comes with whammy ( previous owner has locked it down) some mark's that you would expect from a 20 year old guitar.
    I purchased this guitar from Pmt about 5 months ago. No I haven't made a mistake with the price, very limited in 1997. Please do your own research but I believe they produced about 400??? no longer manufctured, Hence collectable.
    I may well keep this appreciating in value guitar
    It's just a matter of which of my top end sells first.
    No trade's, No offers. More than happy to keep this appreciating guitar.

Hence collectable 
  • chester5795 said
    It's just a matter of which of my top end sells first. 
    When someone has to contemplate selling their top end... times are hard.