FX loops - parallel or serial?

What's Hot
FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
I have an amp with an FX loop and the choice of either parallel or serial. I do know the difference but wondered what works best. I'm basically using a compressor and distortion into the front of the amp and a delay and reverb in the loop.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    If the delay and reverb are separate pedals, then series will probably work best. Parallel works best when you can turn off the dry signal in the pedals, which would then mean that only the delay repeats are reverb'ed (or only the reverb is delayed, depending on which way round they are). If they're a single pedal with a wet-only option then you can use parallel.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    @ICBM .. thanks. Had a good session this afternoon and series is the way to go .. just noticed the thread title. I was obviously thinking of pre-USB printer cables .. :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom