2017 Injury club.

What's Hot

Comments

• mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    Not been running last couple of weeks. Finally got the problem with my back sorted out. Turned out to be a locked SI joint. Little bit annoyed cos the physio told me it was muscular originally and to carry on running.  About 150 miles later I'd had enough and got 2nd opinion to confirm the locked SI joint.  Good news it is all sorted now and been given all clear to return to running over the weekend.  Told to take first couple of runs easy then back into normal training.

Cutting it close as I have a race in 2 weeks time. Just 45 miles! Glad I'm doing it with my back fixed though. Slight lack of fitness I can deal with but locked up back for that distance isn't doable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33796
    I'm doing the London Vitality 10k run (used to be the BUPA 10k), raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support.
    Feel free to donate here: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/richmondjames

If anyone else wants to join me sign up here: https://www.vitalitylondon10000.co.uk/how-enter/online-entry/
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mark_RMark_R Frets: 79
    Deadman said:
    Mark_R said:
    Thought I might as well enter my details.  
    January 36 miles
    February 8.8 miles + 5.4 today = 14.2 Miles.
    Deadman said:

Another challenge used to be running 1.5 miles in under 11 minutes. I was never that fast and did it in 9.10 eventually after bumbling around the 9.30 mark. That's something I'd like to achieve again this year and is another of my targets. 
    That sounds like a wicked challenge. 1.5 miles in under 11 minutes is OK, 7m20s miles.  If I was just doing 1.5 miles then I could probably get down to 10 minutes, but 9:10, shit thats good.
    I was 17 and 8.5 stone when I got that time. I'm 46 and 13 stone now! 

It'd be immense for me to get anywhere near it now.
    Right, I'm going to give this a go.  Its pissing down with sleet/rain/hail, ridiculously cold, a bit of a wind, add the wind chill, its about -2 outside.  Perfect running conditions.  My goal is 1.5 miles in 10:30, seven minute miles. This will hurt so thanks Deadman!
  • I've done 6:55 miles over 5k in the past, it would be nice to get back to that standard again!
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2017
    That hurt like hell!
    10m15s for 1.5 miles.  About 1min faster than my usual pace.  Tried pasting a screen shot from Garmin connect but thefretboard will not accept it.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1566710830
    Feb 10th: 186km + 9km = 195km.
    Mostly cross country in the mud, ice and hail so my time was 55mins, but what a workout.

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3902
    Fair play to you @Mark_R ! I couldn't get anywhere near that yet I don't think. 

Did 5km last night so 138km + 5km = 143km

Weigh in this morning is down from 14st 7lb to 13st 1lb. 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3902
    I won't be joining you but good luck @octatonic   :)

Sent a donation your way.
    Thanks mate.
    Deadman said:
    Fair play to you @Mark_R ! I couldn't get anywhere near that yet I don't think. 

Did 5km last night so 138km + 5km = 143km

Weigh in this morning is down from 14st 7lb to 13st 1lb. 
    Thanks, you really have racked up the miles and lost a lot weight.  Fair play @Deadman, you really have smashed it.
    No ill effects from yesterdays 1.5 mile sprint, so clearly I can push myself a little harder the next time I try it!

I'm up to 17.4 miles for February so far.  Will go for another run tomorrow to round it up to 24 miles for the month.
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    4k + 4k = 8k

642k from Luxembourg :) 
    first run back today for 2 weeks. Off road in the mud and snow. Great run. About 95% back so another couple of days.

6.6 miles (10.6km) today =  207km so far this year.
  • 113.5 + 17.5 this week (7.5 + 10) = 131km total
  • DamianPDamianP Frets: 499
    Sounds like progress for everyone.  Well done all!

I ran further than I`m used to last week (60Km)  so my legs were a bit sore this week.  That, along with having to find somewhere new to live yet again (Oh the joys of renting!) meant an easy running week this week.  
    The rest must have done me good as I ran a post op pb at the park run this morning.  Still 2 mins off my best but I'm pleased that it's going in the right direction.

Onwards!
    DamianP said:

The rest must have done me good as I ran a post op pb at the park run this morning.  Still 2 mins off my best but I'm pleased that it's going in the right direction.

Onwards!
    Well done on the PB. Fine balance between doing enough and resting enough.  :-)
    Feb 11th: 195km + 5km = 200km.
    Well ahead of schedule- 200km was the target for the end of the month, so pleased with that.

Will have to miss a couple of days this week as I am flying to Australia but will pick back up once I am over jet lag.
    octatonic said:
    Feb 11th: 195km + 5km = 200km.
    Well ahead of schedule- 200km was the target for the end of the month, so pleased with that.

Will have to miss a couple of days this week as I am flying to Australia but will pick back up once I am over jet lag.
    On a roll. Doing really well. :-)
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24270
    Been a bit of a slow week for me. Too much work on

54km total for me now.

9.4 muddy miles off road this morning. Feeling much better although the 7 pints of guiness last night probably didn't help!!

137 miles = 220km so far.
    well done @mcsdan i find the protein in the beer helps endurance (im sure thats what beer was invented for)

Managed 7.2 miles myself this morning, 24.6 miles for the month. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom