2017 Injury club.

What's Hot

Comments

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1473
    Not running loads, which sucks, but since getting my Garmin watch last Friday, I've covered 94 miles in walking. Which I'm pretty pleased with. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22116
    Got back into things for April. 143km for the month and 5km today. 5km time down to 25.55 yesterday which was very pleasing. Going to take it a bit easier this week, enforced day off on Thursday with election duties to perform. Overall feeling quite happy about things, creaky parts not withstanding. 

• fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    9 miles on Saturday, including 5k at Parkrun. I got 23:17, which is my fastest time this year and on the slower but more enjoyable Tredegar House course.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    5 miles today.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3902
    I won't bore you all with the details but I got the all clear from a lung cancer screening today. Glands are up and feeling a bit groggy but I'll be getting me trainers out again soon.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Deadman said:
    I won't bore you all with the details but I got the all clear from a lung cancer screening today. Glands are up and feeling a bit groggy but I'll be getting me trainers out again soon.
    Great news! Glad to hear it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Deadman said:
    Excellent news! Get back out there. :)
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33794
    Deadman said:
    Congrats mate.
  • Recovery question:

I have the Bristol 10k on Sunday, but I turned my ankle a few weeks ago. To give myself the best chance of recovery I have been resting it as much as possible (no runs at all), the whole rest/ice/compress/elevate thing. It feels okay now. Should I go out for a run beforehand to see how it is or just leave it until Sunday to give it the best possible chance of feeling back to normal?
    Recovery question:

I have the Bristol 10k on Sunday, but I turned my ankle a few weeks ago. To give myself the best chance of recovery I have been resting it as much as possible (no runs at all), the whole rest/ice/compress/elevate thing. It feels okay now. Should I go out for a run beforehand to see how it is or just leave it until Sunday to give it the best possible chance of feeling back to normal?
    I  would personally go out for a light, slow, short jog, just to see how it reacts - even if it's only a mile. Then keep RICEing it until sunday. Best of luck, a few of my friends are doing it as well.
    5 miles at lunchtime, down into the Severn "valley" and around the quarry.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    Deadman said:
    great news @Deadman :)
    joneve said:
    Recovery question:

I  would personally go out for a light, slow, short jog, just to see how it reacts - even if it's only a mile. Then keep RICEing it until sunday. Best of luck, a few of my friends are doing it as well.
    as above. :)
    May 4th: 533km + 6km = 539km
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17606
    tFB Trader
    Planning on doing my first Parkrun on Saturday!
  • @mcsdan @joneve thanks guys. Took the dog out in my running kit last night (me wearing it not him ;) ) and went for a short trot with him during the walk. It mostly felt okay - although it was far harder work than it should've been. So much for getting a PB on Sunday!
    @littlethoughts on Sunday spend about 5-10 mins before the race doing a warm up i.e. very slow light jogging and few dynamic exercises e.g. heel flicks, high knees etc. Make sure you get your heart rate up. Try to do this about 20 mins before the race start.  Then relax down for your race.  It'll help heart/blood circulation/breathing etc get ready for the race.

Good luck :)

I ran yesterday despite having a cold.
    Today I feel totally lousy.
    I'm having a few days off.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17606
    tFB Trader
    Planning on doing my first Parkrun on Saturday!

Done!

Parkrun is awesome!

5k today and 3k yesterday.
  • 420+15=435k