Seymour Duncan Twin Tube - any good?

What's Hot
McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
One for sale on Facebook for 70 odd and the PGS demo sounds interesting, but have just sold an HT Dual cos it was so bloody big and  bit modern sounding so not sure if it's in the same ball park. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DodgeDodge Frets: 1446
    There are 3, the Classic (sort of Marshall-y sounding), the Blue (more Fender-y) and the Mayem (never tried it).  I've had the Classic and the Blue and they're pretty good.

I'm guessing it's the Classic you've seen - mine sounded great into a BF Fender type amp but sounded like shit into my Matchless, which being a Top-Boost type amp isn't really surprising.

My only concern is how long the valves will last - they're soldered in, not too difficult to change but it might have to go to a tech if you're not that way inclined.  Interestingly, my Twin Tube Blue had microphonic valves and went back.  The Classic was fine though while I had it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NPPNPP Frets: 236
    I also had a blue one and something was wrong with it from the outset so had to send it back (no-hassle refund from Hotrox so no harm done)

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2042

Thanks guys.  I'm not the soldering kind, sadly (I'm so cack-handed it's shameful).  It would be to use in front of a Cornford, which is already quite marshally...

I think I'll be leaving this and looking for a nice boost to goose the amp's natural gnarl. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;)