Cordless vacuum cleaners

What's Hot

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    We got the top range Dyson v6 (in a sale) 

It's awesome, I almost enjoy vacuuming now... Almost. I hate it a lot less. Doesn't take long to vacuum at all, as no pissing around with sockets. Charge is fine for most our house, we have quite a few rooms though 

I wonder how I managed with our old shitty one 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    joeyowen said:
    We got the top range Dyson v6 (in a sale) 

It's awesome, I almost enjoy vacuuming now... Almost. I hate it a lot less. Doesn't take long to vacuum at all, as no pissing around with sockets. Charge is fine for most our house, we have quite a few rooms though 

I wonder how I managed with our old shitty one 
    I got the newer Dyson V8 Absolute after both a friend (with 2 cats) and my aunt got one.
    The thing is a revelation ...albeit somewhat more expensive than the V6, but the results are stunning.
    I'm a bit of a vacuum cleaner freak - especially because of the trying to keep the workshops clean , and my favourite to date had been the Miele ones from before they banned the more powerful motors.

When I first tried the V8 the carpets were pretty clean (or so I thought), but I was keen to play with the new toy.
    I was shocked at the amount of very fine soot and dust the V8 lifted from my carpets - especially on the "turbo" mode.

I went through the entire house over the next week and pulled container after container of ultra fine soot/silt from all my rooms - it's almost like the road dust you get - the house backs onto a seriously busy road.
    Needless to say I was very impressed. 
    Stair carpets were super easy finally with the small powerbrush.
    What I like about the Dyson is that it supplies power to the brush heads via hidden cable runs in the pipe (I'm sure other makes will do this too)

What is interesting is how the cordless cleaner has changed my vacuuming habits and it is so much less of a chore where you feel like you might as well clean the whole house if you have to get the hoover out.
    Now I grab the Dyson in the same way I would grab a dustpan and brush and give a quick "whizz" over the room or area in question. If guests are coming over I can just give a quick run through the office or lounge in no time at all.

Not used it on the girlfriend's car yet , but I bet it would be good.

Whilst it seems a lot of money it has been proving to be good value so far

Power-wise I think I'd get about 20-25 mins on the regular setting and abut 7-8 mins on continuous "turbo" mode.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited January 2017
    We have looked at going cordless. Where do you guys mount yours for charging? The concern we have is that we don't have anywhere discreet to put it for recharging it would have to be on a wall, in full view, in a room. With our Henry, he gets slung back in the cupboard under the stairs, but there's no plug socket in there.

• gubblegubble Frets: 1746

We have a Henry.

I bloody hate that guy. His smug smiling face every day looking at me. It's not even a decent hoover.

I really don't understand why professional cleaners etc have a henry - it's rubbish

(sorry to hijack the thread but I really do despise henry the hoover)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    is the low Bat life that kills all this cordless stuff...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

We have a Henry.

I bloody hate that guy. His smug smiling face every day looking at me. It's not even a decent hoover.

I really don't understand why professional cleaners etc have a henry - it's rubbish

Professionals use Henry's for the same reason you still have one smuggly staring through you.
    You can't break them.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    FX_Munkee said:
    gubble said:

We have a Henry.

Professionals use Henry's for the same reason you still have one smuggly staring through you.
    You can't break them.
    Agreed, completely reliable and solid, most parts easily replaced.

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Fretwired said:
    I have a small Dyson which is brilliant. Battery has a good life and the suction is great.
    sure that's not a sex toy??
    play every note as if it were your first
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33797
    FX_Munkee said:
    gubble said:

We have a Henry.

You can't break them.
    I broke one.
    Took 12 years and 5 house renovations but it broke.
    We replaced it with another Henry.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited January 2017
    /\ I had a yellow Henry that I used to vacuum the garden. It died in the shed over winter though.

I now have a George that I used to call George Michael, cos it sucks anything and falls over a lot... I might have to change his nick now though...

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/02/aplusautomation/vendorimages/3121f924-f428-4bcf-9d8a-53dc75fc56a2.jpg._CB329493921__SR300,300_.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11876
    I have a Dyson V6 too, love it.  I also have a Henry, the most annoying part about vacuuming is not the vacuuming but how cumbersome it is, how I need to pull that thing around? Heavy machine that make you feel like chained to it.  Got to unplug and replug about 4 times to clean the house and move it up and down stairs.

the v6 means I leave it charged on the side simcenit takes up very little space and I'll vacuum when I have spare 5mins.  Super quick, super easy.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3322
    We have just bought a Dyson cordless v6 absolute and all I can say is it's bloody brilliant.  One charge does a 4 bed house and it's got so much power we'd hoovered the day before with our older "Hoover" Hoover and the stuff the Dyson pulled from the carpets was an eye opener. The carpet particularly on the stairs looks and feels like a brand new carpet. 

Takes 3 1/2 hours to charge empty to full. 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    Wow.. has battery and motor technology come that far ? Really ?  My experience (albeit decades ago) of cordless anything was that it had the power of a child's toy with a leaking HP11 in it.  I've been watching all these ads for cordless vacuums and scoffing 'what a load of crap that'll be - how can they even advertise it ?', but, it would appear I'm not up to date with the tech on this.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3322
    Emp_Fab said:
    Wow.. has battery and motor technology come that far ? Really ?  My experience (albeit decades ago) of cordless anything was that it had the power of a child's toy with a leaking HP11 in it.  I've been watching all these ads for cordless vacuums and scoffing 'what a load of crap that'll be - how can they even advertise it ?', but, it would appear I'm not up to date with the tech on this.
    yeah that was my thoughts too but so far ive been proven wrong.  Im guessing the chap earlier in the thread that says he only got 6 minutes out of it was because he left it on max power ( it comes that way as a default it seems) and whilst this does allow you to suck like a black hole it does drain the battery.  The day we got ours i was disappointed the charge ran out so quick until I did the unmanly thing of reading the manual and realizing what the blue light on the back signified.

like I said earlier we/I can do a 4 bed house on one charge with ease, the only thing you have to keep stopping for is to empty the thing as the chamber is small and it fills fast.

its made vacuuming a very easy and almost not chore like. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Still not decided.

Almost forgot that we used to have a Dirt Devil rechargable that made a noise like a vacuum cleaner but without any of the actual cleaning power. 

We are lacking an obvious storage place where we could mount it on the wall but reasonably out of sight. Ideally we'd be able to take the charging unit with us in the camper as well but that can't happen if it's screwed to the kitchen wall. Rather too pricey to have one for home and one for away. Starting to think a slimline Vax for £99 to live in the camper and for use on the car might be fine. Or just wait until our upright dies and rethink then. Hmm.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16671
    grungebob said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    yeah that was my thoughts too but so far ive been proven wrong.  Im guessing the chap earlier in the thread that says he only got 6 minutes out of it was because he left it on max power ( it comes that way as a default it seems) and whilst this does allow you to suck like a black hole it does drain the battery.  The day we got ours i was disappointed the charge ran out so quick until I did the unmanly thing of reading the manual and realizing what the blue light on the back signified.

like I said earlier we/I can do a 4 bed house on one charge with ease, the only thing you have to keep stopping for is to empty the thing as the chamber is small and it fills fast.

its made vacuuming a very easy and almost not chore like. 
    I carry a bag with me when doing the whole house...it's still more convienient than using a normal vacuum.

i was totally skeptical, but have been impressed so far.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    WezV said:

i was totally skeptical, but have been impressed so far.
    You'd better be American if you're using spelling like that on here.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16671
    Or too tired to correct the autocorrect
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1771
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom