Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Squier Offset Range

What's Hot

Comments

• valevale Frets: 1052
    edited January 2017
    mustang £115 & jazzmaster £185 @ gak. not sure why jm £70 more. stupid price difference when difference between the squier vm jazzmaster & vm mustang is only a tenner.
    not into mustangs but jm seems a decent base for a project. never rated those shitty 50s trems. nice to have shiny retro crap to catch the lights but functionally useless. just a tuning liability covering up a hole.
    waiting to hear a decent review but may be on for a black jm.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    vale said:
    mustang 115 & jazzmaster 185 @ gak. not sure why jm 70 so much more. jm shape harder to cut out? stupid price difference.
    not into mustangs but jm seems a decent base for a project. never rated those shitty 50s trems. nice to have shiny retro crap to catch the lights but functionally useless. just a tuning liability covering up a hole.
    I have and have had several Jags/Jazzmasters/Mustangs some Jap reissues and now original pre CBS and have never suffered tuning issues on any model. The trem is why I still play these guitars.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26994
    The JM trem is a brilliant design. The details can be improved (saddles, mostly) but the concept and design itself is brilliant.

It's also the best sounding trem in terms of how each string detunes in relation to the others (presumably a function of the total string length, rather than the term itself)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    JD50 said:
    vale said:
    mustang 115 & jazzmaster 185 @ gak. not sure why jm 70 so much more. jm shape harder to cut out? stupid price difference.
    I have and have had several Jags/Jazzmasters/Mustangs some Jap reissues and now original pre CBS and have never suffered tuning issues on any model. The trem is brilliant and one of the reasons why I still play these guitars.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    call it a marmite thing. i know mbv & surf ppl who swear by them and get value out of the limited thing they do, but i'm not trem generally & of most trems i've tried found jm trems underwhelming. so a jm body without cavities is a big plus for me. but to each their sport.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2017
    for anyone interested in the mustang, scale length is 24 not 24.75 as reported.
    someone at offset just got theirs so that is confirmed. they also report pickups not bad at all.
    would include a link to the offset post but that seems to stop my comments posting.
    go to offsets & it's there in the 'new squier offset thread' if you want the full story.

also found some decent pics of the jazzmaster, which is the one i'm trying not to buy.
    through the body strings rather than hardtail bridge, which is always my first pref, so now seriously thinking about selling stuff to cover it. isn't gas a bitch.
    (no it's not massively expensive, yes i am a hand2mouth pauper).
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    impmann said:
    Cobain died in 1994. Grunge is by and large a spent force. So why do Fender persist in making guitars aimed at a market that lost is mass appeal at least 20 years ago?
    Hey some of us are still flying the flag for grunge! :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    JD50 said:
    vale said:
    I have and have had several Jags/Jazzmasters/Mustangs some Jap reissues and now original pre CBS and have never suffered tuning issues on any model. The trem is why I still play these guitars.
    This my experienice too. My AVRI Jag holds it tuning as well as any guitar I've had and the trem sounds totally amazing for gentle shimmers.
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    dindude said:
    JD50 said:
    vale said:
    This my experienice too. My AVRI Jag holds it tuning as well as any guitar I've had and the trem sounds totally amazing for gentle shimmers.
    .... and my exeprience too. Admittedly I have the Black Modern Player Jazzmaster with a TOM style bridge that I've fitted P90 to, which I know some will frown upon =) , but it does have the trem in the right place. I've replaced the bridge with TOM roller bridge, stung it with 11 gauge strings and it stays perfectly i tune even with loads of abuse
  • Yeah, all three of my Jazzmasters and my Jag stay perfectly in tune, no matter what I do with the trem. It's the only trem system I get on with, so I get quite upset when I see hardtail Offsets, or worse, another tremolo!
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    vid of new mustang.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    & nice pics of a mildly pimped one from pat at osg.

http://oi68.tinypic.com/2zqg4et.jpg

http://oi64.tinypic.com/2i0g22b.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fuggit, I'll be getting one when they hit Regent Sounds or Wunjo.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Fuggit, I'll be getting one when they hit Regent Sounds or Wunjo.
    Dibs...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26994
    Didn't take long for OSG to get their mitts on one. Looks great. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Mustang seems like a cool mod platform, but would it have really been that much hassle or cost to offer just a few extra plain colour choices? Even just red and white... I'm not really a fan of either the black or blue.
  • @guitargeek62 I saw them in Wunjo and regents sound earlier this month. Not had a play on them though so can't comment on that side.
  • vale said:
    vid of new mustang.

Never heard a ds1 sound that good before! Some lovely sounds from that, right up my street. And for £115?!
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • Couldn't resist. A blue one will be with me on Monday. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom