What pedal is on your board that you think no-one else will have on theirs?

What's Hot

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Image result for melos mini comp pedal

Never seen anyone using this which is strange because it's only the best bloody compressor I've ever had although it only works with single coils.
    Sounds pants with humbuckers.

Image result for keeler push pedal

Not seen anyone with one of these little beauties either. A very versatile OD with huge amounts of boost and clarity.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    edited January 2017
    It's not that rare but I've not really seen anyone else here mention the DbA Fuzz War (though mines a clone so not sure if it counts). My enclosure/design is definitely unique anyway haha 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15027660/Pictures/IMG_9134.JPG
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30913
    The mighty TES.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    Boss Metalzone :)
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    JRAD Tim Pierce OD. Had it on my board about 18 months now and it's going nowhere.

Never heard anyone else on here talk about it and had little reaction from my NPD post when I first got it. 

It's an absolute cracker mid gain and boost.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Blackout Effectors Seriously Special Twosome. Also have a Caroline Kilobyte which I don't see around here much, if at all....
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    DesVegas said:
    Dopesick said:
    Custom Throne Torcher from Abominable Electronics

It's their take on the HM-2 but with a clipping diode toggle switch which makes it go from the familiar chainsaw guitar tone to a more mid-based high gain drive tone with insane amounts of low end (has to be used with caution!). Also has another footswitch for feedback/oscillations.

It's not actually on my board at the moment, but it sounds fabulous when you want to play noisy hardcore/death metal. 
    I really do need to come see your band
    I've never actually used this pedal in the band as of yet because it made so much bloody noise last time I tried to use it at practice.

I recently got a new geetar though (Epi LP Custom 1955) and am expecting an EHX Silencer in the post so hopefully things are moving in the right direction.

• I haven't seen anyone else using an Exar Octavian - a bit like an updated Pearl Octaver.
  • If we're not counting homebuilts (which we should because I've never seen anyone else using a Stratoblaster boost in a box in any form =) ) then it's not on my board yet but I don't remember seeing any Caroline Meteore reverbs around.
    Fair point- most homebuilds are clones of existing pedals, so if your homebuild isn't a tubescreamer or a RAT or something then it should count IMO.

Although my Screwdriver is a homebuild, I haven't seen many of those on other people's boards either. 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
    Toetags Psych rite. I think they've only built 6 so far and mine's the second to come to the UK. 
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    Sassafras said:
    nickb_boy said:
    I reckon there's a few on my current smaller board that won't be on many others on this forum:
    Push + Pull Pedals Triton Fuzz
    Tim Allen Fuzz Wave
    Resonant Electronic Manifold Drive
    Hudson Electronic Octazer

That's your SMALLER board?
    It's currently my main board.  The larger one is pretty much redundant after this was finished and isn't wired up at the moment as a lot of the stuff on it is being sold off.  

This board is only half an inch larger in each direction than a Pedaltrain Metro 24 but the extra depth allows the top row to actually be usable.
  • I don't really have *a* pedalboard as such. Well, I have three, but they change quite often, depending on who I'm playing with. At home, I just pull out what I want from the stash.
    I would guess that the Carlsbro Flanger, Boss DC-3, Pearl PH-03 and Ibanez PT-9 are amongst the more unusual ones that get used fairly often.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • I've not seen a Snouse Blackbox around; I think just me and @jellybelly have one - I think they're awesome but apparently no one wants the two I have spare! :(
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Arbiter Powerbooster
    Bone Collector
    DAM Drag'n'Fly (you may have one, but mine was the first he ever built in a small box and so is fractionally different)
    Boss DSD3
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    edited January 2017

Not sure anyone will have the Boomerang looper or the DB Instruments 4e Dual Expression Pedal that I'm putting on my acoustic board...or perhaps even the SY300

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have seen no other mention of anyone owning a Source Audio Gemini Chorus. Anyone? (and what do make of it?).  
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Rowby1 said:
    JRAD Tim Pierce OD. Had it on my board about 18 months now and it's going nowhere.

Never heard anyone else on here talk about it and had little reaction from my NPD post when I first got it. 

It's an absolute cracker mid gain and boost.
    Ah also on my board. Cracking pedal. I got it after seeing Tim and Pete talking about it on the Tim and Pete guitar show.

I have a lot of time for JRAD - Animal, josh Smith tremolo, Guthrie Trapp and Tim Pierce pedals have all passed through my hands and I liked all of them. 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9533
    nickb_boy said:
    I reckon there's a few on my current smaller board that won't be on many others on this forum:
    Push + Pull Pedals Triton Fuzz
    Tim Allen Fuzz Wave
    Resonant Electronic Manifold Drive
    Hudson Electronic Octazer
    Kin LOVE that board 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9533
    edited January 2017
    Anyone got one of these...? Paul Trombetta Custom Velocity

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q493/Warren3333/P1040130.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    Apart from @GavRichList and me, does anyone else here have a Space on their board?
    Yes. It's where I put my pint of beer. I also have a space for a capo.

Two important items on my board, which others might not have, are a tin of spare picks and a tin of spare fuses.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom